·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
He sure is!

I don't know if any of you heard it today, but he called into the Lonsberry show and spoke for a bit. If you go the the WHAM 1180 webpage, you can listen to the podcast of the interview. If you didn't hear it, you really should listen to it.

I was there on Jan 31, 2009.... and seeing how far he has come in the past 3 years and hearing him on the radio today was absolutely amazing. I have no shame in admitting that I had goosebumps and welled -up eyes as I listened to him today.

Monday is a big day in the comeback of Officer Anthony DiPonzio.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
An article by Lonsberry about this:

Lonsberry
His account is close, but there are a few errors:

Kevin mack has backed up by Officer DiPonzio and Officer Dan Marsh, not Pfeffer as the article indicated.

After the shot rang out, a group of about 6-8 officers who were nearby all raced to the scene and arrived at about the same time. DiPonzio was loaded into a patrol car driven by Mack, but that car was stuck in a snowbank. Not having time to waste, we took him out of that car and loaded him into a different one driven by Ofc. Ryan Fantigrossi. In the back seat with DiPonzio was Pfeffer and Ofc. Paul Dondorfer.
Ofc. Kevin Leckinger drove a lead car to clear the intersections for Fantigrossi on the way to RGH.

You know the rest.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
OP-
I've said it before, and I'll say it again -

Get some! All of you.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
All I can say is

GO KICK SOME ASS TONY!!!!

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Glad to hear everything turned out well for this officer. It always amazes me when people take some lead to the noggin and then bounce right back. The human body is an amazing machine.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think his strength of will and determination are a lesson to us all. He's a role model for sure, and I'm glad he's recovered enough to return to work. After an event like that, no one would fault him if he didn't, but his drive to continue to be an officer and serve is highly commendable.

I hope the dirt bag that did this to him rots in jail forever.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I remember the day I heard this on the news. I was in rochester for school. I believe the reported showed a 22 mag round when talking about 22LR.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Most excellent news. He (and his fellow officers) are all great guys!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
God bless him.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I think his strength of will and determination are a lesson to us all. He's a role model for sure, and I'm glad he's recovered enough to return to work. After an event like that, no one would fault him if he didn't, but his drive to continue to be an officer and serve is highly commendable.

I hope the dirt bag that did this to him rots in jail forever.
Glad he's back to work and made a recovery. The dirtbag that did this was a kid and will most likely be out when he's 18. I have a feeling he will end up behind bars again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wait a minute... did I read that correctly??? The kid that shot him only got 3 - 10 years!!!????!!! What the bloody ass **** backwards kinda sentencing is that!?!?

So he's 14... big deal, roast the little piece of **** before he grows up to be a cop killer. With him being so much smaller then a normal adult, the lethal injection dose will be cheaper too

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Wait a minute... did I read that correctly??? The kid that shot him only got 3 - 10 years!!!????!!! What the bloody ass **** backwards kinda sentencing is that!?!?

So he's 14... big deal, roast the little piece of **** before he grows up to be a cop killer. With him being so much smaller then a normal adult, the lethal injection dose will be cheaper too
Agreed 100%, after reading that I was wondering why on earth the officers didn't just shoot that little POS and claim he turned the gun towards them? It never stops amazing me how much you can actually get away with if you truly don't give a rats a$$, most of us people following the law would get 3-10 years for a god damned littering offense.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I wish the best for him and his continued healing. In my eyes it is a damn shame the sentence that was imposed, and I fear that this isn't the only time we'll be hearing of tyquan rivera on the news. And to all of the LEO's on the site, stay frosty out there.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Most people would have rown in the towel after being shot in the head. This young man has a great attitude and a sense of duty second to none. God bless!

·
Super Moderator
3,242 Posts
Congratulations to Officer DiPonzio for overcoming such a devastating injury. Glad you are able to return to work and best of luck in the future to you.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts