New York Firearms Forum banner

Off-duty cop kills off-duty firefighter on his wedding night

4K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  Temporaryscars 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#4 ·
Unfortunately, You will never see a headline that reads. . .

"Off duty officer shoots attacker in self defense."

Nope, I guess the officer is not the victim here. Have fun with this thread though.

#5 ·
Wow. And this is the type of stuff that creates the thinking of "It's not worth it to get involved" off duty. I wonder what kind of fight it was that the officer felt he needed to intervene off duty?

Edit: I'm not second guessing the officer's decision to intervene, just vocalizing the first question that popped into my mind...

#14 ·
"Allegedly Bruno resisted arrest and was on top of the officer, hitting him in the head and face. The officer, who has not been identified, fired two fatal shots before passing out, according to sources with the police department, who said the officer was still unconscious when backup arrived. The officer was hospitalized with serious injures. He was released on Sunday. The extent of his injuries are unclear, but a source said it's possible he suffered an orbital fracture and other broken bones to the face."

These are the key bits of information. Seems justified to me.

#15 ·
Does being a Firefighter erase being an idiot?

if the facts in the story are correct (remember its the media reporting) then the cop did the right thing.

#17 ·
Do you see any firearms advertisements in the mainstream media?

Or you you see a very large entertainment/advertising complex driven by Budweiser, Coors, Skyy Vodka, etc?

Do you realize how much money boozemakers pump into the coffers of "the media"? Chance of killing (speaking out against) that golden goose is ...close to nil.

#24 · (Edited)
Some of you missed that the officer was in uniform working an off duty security gig at the hotel where the initial incident involving the cab occurred.

The fact that the recently deceased was a firefighter is not relevent to the story other than it was put there to sway the reader's opinion of the incident.

#27 ·
I like how they threw in the bit about his wedding. Seems like he saved the wife a few beatings if the guy beats a cops face in over a dispute with a cab driver. Surprised he ever made it into an emergency service.

#30 ·
I was gonna say something but I thought it too soon, but since you brought it up........

He might have doe her a favor if her new hubby beats on cabbies and uniformed police officers while into the sauce, he's probably the kinda guy that likes to keep his pimp hand strong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.