New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Oh boy here we go....
understatement there. If I was a cop, or a firefighter, Kansas City MO is the one place I would not want to be working for today.

Looks like they are going to be having extra servings of crap sandwiches and crap soup for a few days there.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Unfortunately, You will never see a headline that reads. . .

"Off duty officer shoots attacker in self defense."

Nope, I guess the officer is not the victim here. Have fun with this thread though.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Wow. And this is the type of stuff that creates the thinking of "It's not worth it to get involved" off duty. I wonder what kind of fight it was that the officer felt he needed to intervene off duty?

Edit: I'm not second guessing the officer's decision to intervene, just vocalizing the first question that popped into my mind...

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Glad the cop is alright! Like jeep, shame the headline wasn't better. Sets the story up from the beginning as a controversial one.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Wow. And this is the type of stuff that creates the thinking of "It's not worth it to get involved" off duty. I wonder what kind of fight it was that the officer felt he needed to intervene off duty?

Edit: I'm not second guessing the officer's decision to intervene, just vocalizing the first question that popped into my mind...
Kinda hard for a guy in full uniform to not to. Can you imagine the five day crap-storm forecast if he'd simply walked away from all that in uniform?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Not a good day for either party.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Good shoot.

Unfortunate for all involved, but the facts as stated in the article support a determination of justified.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
"Allegedly Bruno resisted arrest and was on top of the officer, hitting him in the head and face. The officer, who has not been identified, fired two fatal shots before passing out, according to sources with the police department, who said the officer was still unconscious when backup arrived. The officer was hospitalized with serious injures. He was released on Sunday. The extent of his injuries are unclear, but a source said it's possible he suffered an orbital fracture and other broken bones to the face."

These are the key bits of information. Seems justified to me.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Does being a Firefighter erase being an idiot?

if the facts in the story are correct (remember its the media reporting) then the cop did the right thing.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Of course the gun is the evil entity here. I'll bet alcohol had nothing to do with the entire incident.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Of course the gun is the evil entity here. I'll bet alcohol had nothing to do with the entire incident.
Do you see any firearms advertisements in the mainstream media?

Or you you see a very large entertainment/advertising complex driven by Budweiser, Coors, Skyy Vodka, etc?

Do you realize how much money boozemakers pump into the coffers of "the media"? Chance of killing (speaking out against) that golden goose is ...close to nil.

·
Registered
518 Posts

You never get involved off duty unless it so important that you are willing to lose your family and freedom over it.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Sounds like that fireman was a really bad drunk.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
A person was being assaulted with deadly force and used a gun to defend themselves which resulted in the death of the attacker. What each person did for a paycheck is secondary to those basic facts.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts