New York Firearms Forum banner

Off-duty Chicago cop shoots man who attacked him after accident

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Degenret 
#1 ·
Off duty cop laid down his bike to avoid a girl who ran in the street. The bike ended up hitting her anyway. The cop was trying to give the girl aid and two men, one of them the girl's father, attacked the cop. he was apparently almost unconscious from the beating so he fired, striking/killing the dad.

Off-duty cop shoots, kills angry dad after wipeout

#2 ·
Insane turn of events.

While I understand a father's rage in that situation, a REAL father would make sure his child was ok first.

#9 ·
No mention if the driver was being reckless or speeding. I am not saying this because he is a cop, but because I feel it is relevant. If excess speed or recklessness were why he had to dump the bike then he would have deserved a beating, although not a fearing for his life. Again, I don't care about the badge, just the facts. If he was driving properly and the girl really jumped out and he had no warning, then it is just a shame that things proceeded as they did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.