New York Firearms Forum banner

Oct 1st, 2014: NYF Beard Wars

3K views 72 replies 38 participants last post by  Toecutter 
#1 · (Edited)
The Celt and I would like to bring to you the first annual NYF Beard Wars!!!!

Brazillions in Cash and Prizes!!

The Rules:
1. There are 2 categories and you must post your category along with your starting pic..
CAT 1: Bare to Beard (clean shaven to beard in ~9months.. like having a baby)
CAT 2: ZZ Top (For those with growth already in progress)
2. You must post a picture of your face on Oct1 (clean shaven for CAT1). The picture must include the area to be bearded at minimum. We know some people won't post full face shots and quite frankly, some of you guys are not that pretty. (Smurf and SW are free to post selfies though ;))
3. Beard growth:
a. First pic of growth must be posted 8 weeks from start.
b. post in your single post as an edit, do not add a new post so that we can clearly see the progression.
c. A pic must be posted at MINIMUM every month thereafter.
d. War ends on June21st 2015. Your final shot must be in by this day.
4. judging starts on June 22nd.
a. There will be one winner for each category.
5. The last pic posted by you will be used as the final entry.
6. The post with the most likes wins.
7. You may like and unlike at will.

The winner gets a camera roll of chicken shoot, naked with a bunch of sheep. Or if anyone wants to put up a war winner prize, just let me know and I'll put it into this post. I'd put something up, but I don't think you guys would like barbies, fuzzy dice and hand-cuffs..
Actually, I was thinking of putting up these:
Earpro Sonic Defenders® Plus Earplugs from SureFire
(I own a pair of ep3's and they are awesome.. and since 4 is higher than 3, it has to be the bestest.. )

Who's in?

[edit]
Prize submission by GOPERFECT:
a Brick(500) of CCI Standard Velocity to whom ever the winner shall be.

See less See more
#4 ·
Dude! These rules imply I have to shave off the beard I have more or less carefully maintained for the last 42 years! No Way! If I can start with the current beard as a baseline, I might consider it.

#7 ·
I've only got a few months on my goatee, but I don't want to shave to start either lol

#14 ·
Shoot, I'll shave to start for those high stakes. lol.

#16 ·
Oh good grief, I already overhear kids at Walmart say, "Mommy, that man looks like Santa Claus."

#18 ·
I was complemented at the last rally about my baby smooth face, and you can take my DE razor from my cold dead hands! :mg2:

#23 ·
Nice front butt!

#31 ·
Forehead Eyebrow Facial expression Beard Jaw
< me

Santa? Really? Probably wearing the red track suit and watch cap to the store was a poor choice, but Santa?

#33 ·
I used to look forward to the winter beard every year until 2 years ago. It went from solid sandy blond to freakin solid white. I hate it! It makes me feel old. I can't dye it because my skin is very sensitive and that Just For Men stuff burns the crap out of my skin. Last time I tried it I used it for about a minute and a half less than the direction suggested, it blistered skin.

#40 ·
Seperate prizes for each category winner? I'll offer up a prize for the "ZZ Top" category. I'll buy the winner a bottle of Grave Before Shave Beard Oil in their preferred scent (we'll work that out later). Stuff is awesome for keeping your beard healthy, hydrated, and the ladies (or wife) love the smell...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.