New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obama to GM...Kill the Pontiac or no Money - Columbia Public Policy | Examiner.com

"Former GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz disclosed today that in order to get federal money, GM had to agree to kill the Pontiac, despite the fact that the G8 was getting rave reviews and selling well, the introduction of a G6 and a new GTO in the pipeline. Pontiac, long known for it's powerful, rear wheel drive cars did not match up well with the radical environmentalism within the Obama administration. The G8 was being compared to the BMW."

He has become Teflon Barack.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
And this is exactly what the demoncratic party of today is all about. Its a shame because before pontiac got killed i was considering the g8 gxp. They truly are only about BIG GOVERNMENT which means NO FREEDOM.

This is communism. Government controlled industry. The govt decides what the people want and/or need.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
This is a glimps of what the future holds if we don't take this nation back and soon.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Obama to GM...Kill the Pontiac or no Money - Columbia Public Policy | Examiner.com

"Former GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz disclosed today that in order to get federal money, GM had to agree to kill the Pontiac, despite the fact that the G8 was getting rave reviews and selling well, the introduction of a G6 and a new GTO in the pipeline. Pontiac, long known for it's powerful, rear wheel drive cars did not match up well with the radical environmentalism within the Obama administration. The G8 was being compared to the BMW."

He has become Teflon Barack.
Good! This is like natzis and communists go to war, no matter what bad guy loses.
The unions ****ed the US tax payers out of their hard earned dollar and shoved obama care down our throats I hope they all wind up jobless.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Really?

I don't see bitching about this the ENTIRE company was failing regardless of the G8 or other cars that might sell in niche markets...

And the entire argument about the RWD/V8 thing is BS since the Chevy SS is coming out this year.

I'm a big car guy had multiple V8 rwd drag cars and tune a wide a variety of GM cars.

Also comparing the G8 to a BMW is laughable while you might get similar performance the build quality in the G8 is the standard GM clunks/rattles/etc

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Quomo Family, O'Bama Family

The only difference is the Mediterranian Sea.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't know what "federal money" they were getting exactly, but the US government should not be funding corporations in the first place.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
There is what Lutz said. And there is what the author of this article said. And they are different things. Here is what the author said:
did not match up well with the radical environmentalism within the Obama administration
And what lutz said:
the Feds said "yeah, let's just, how much money have you made on pontiac in the last 10 years?" and the answer was "nothing." So, it goes.
So unless by radical environmentalism the author uses that term as a euphemism for "profitable business", he's being disingenuous at best.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
so happy the gubbamint is here to help me understand exactly what I should need. who needs to think when you have your uncle sugar to do it for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts