New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People are just eating this **** up. He mentions Supreme Court nominations... For women's rights.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Didn't see the episode yet. I enjoy the Daily Show and Colbert Report, but it has been painful to watch lately. Hearing people sheep along because the funny man said pro-obama stuff. It typically gets like this during elections.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, his show is supposed to be equal opportunity, but there's like 10 Romney jabs to one Obama jab.

It's sad, the amount of people that get their info from this garbage.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Yeah, his show is supposed to be equal opportunity, but there's like 10 Romney jabs to one Obama jab.

It's sad, the amount of people that get their info from this garbage.
And it used to be. At least mid-election cycle it is typically. It's supposed to be "let's make fun of the news or report it in a humorous manner". Now it's "let's bash republicans for an hour and NOT make fun of any of the hilarity of our beloved Dems."

· Registered
214 Posts
Stewart seems more pro Obama and Colbert seems more pro Romney. I think either way we are pretty screwed still but i will be voting Obama because i see him as the lesser of 2 evils. Something about Romney just makes me want to punch him in the face, i dont trust him at all, he just seems like he will say what he thinks you want to hear, like any other politician i guess really.

· Registered
839 Posts
Stewart seems more pro Obama and Colbert seems more pro Romney. I think either way we are pretty screwed still but i will be voting Obama because i see him as the lesser of 2 evils. Something about Romney just makes me want to punch him in the face, i don't trust him at all, he just seems like he will say what he thinks you want to hear, like any other politician i guess really.
Just like how barack has done? He cant even admit Benghazi was a terrorist attack for crying out loud. Never mind last debate he said he would be pushing for a new assault weapons ban. No thanks ill take my chance with Mitt who would have another election to worry about if some how he won.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Stewart seems more pro Obama and Colbert seems more pro Romney. I think either way we are pretty screwed still but i will be voting Obama because i see him as the lesser of 2 evils. Something about Romney just makes me want to punch him in the face, i dont trust him at all, he just seems like he will say what he thinks you want to hear, like any other politician i guess really.
I'm at a loss for words... And obama doesn't stir up these same emotions? Befuddled. Really.

Don't matter anyway. Obama is done. End of an Error so I hear.

· Registered
214 Posts
I'm at a loss for words... And obama doesn't stir up these same emotions? Befuddled. Really.

Don't matter anyway. Obama is done. End of an Error so I hear.
Like i said, i think we are in trouble still either way but i see Romney as the worst of the 2. Romney hasnt always been pro gun, he was all for the AWB and regulations on firearms before he wanted to run for president, he is only being pro gun now for votes, it is about the only thing he has a leg up on Obama on, but would you really trust him to stay pro gun once he is in office? Not likely. I dont base my decision on who to vote for on one thing, i am looking at it for who is better for our country, and i see as the guy who is in office currently and working for the middle class. I dont think Romneys carbon copy of the Bush administration as good for our nation or economy. Not everyone who likes guns is gonna vote for Romney, if that is the only thing someone is concerned with, dont bother voting.

I suppose Romney is appealing to someone ho is very wealthy. Thats not me. Honestly, the only thing i agree with Romney on is his current status on gun control and his views on the welfare. But welfare isnt gonna change for the better, its welfare, it isnt going to do anything but become easier to get and keep getting.

I see Romney as basically 98% lies and i see Obama as about %70 lies, that is how i am deciding.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
That's cool bro, I just don't see it the same way.

As far as guns, which for the record is way down on the bottom of my personal list, I understand the argument romney signed the Awb in MA since then he has obtained the NRA's endorsement and has vowed to enforce existing laws not add new ones. Go figure. Obama just last week when on the record saying he would support a new AWB and implied that it would be expanded to include "inexpensive handguns". Whatever. The problem of course is the SCOTUS and who gets to appoint the next several judges. If obama gets a second term, kiss your guns goodbye. For me, its about the economy and jobs, and obama has proven himself over the last 4 years that he doesn't have a clue. At least Romney has been a successful business man and may have a clue what to do to get Americans working again. I really don't care who you vote for as it don't matter in NY. Hoping the midwest shows enough sense to show Obama the door. I'm confident that will be the outcome Nov 6th.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am voting Johnson in the presidential election and straight R ticket on the rest.

It's the state level idiots that worry me more than the president. We need to keep the Senate.

· Registered
214 Posts
I dont care how people vote really as long as they educate themselves before they vote. I see too many people clinging to one thing, like Romney being pro gun, so thats enough for a vote? Some people dont like Obama solely because he is part black. As long people are educating thrmselves and voting for who they believe is truly better, may the best man win. I dont like people throwing their vote away is all. I do agree eith some of Romney's views i just agree with more of Obama's.

I personally dont think our president is all that important. I see his job pretty much as a face, and someone to point a finger at when something isnt how someone likes it. Congress is the decision making force, the president is just some dude in a suit that everyone sees and knows his name.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Romney continually hits on a point that if he's elected, he'll create 12 million jobs. Yet, he closed the last debate by saying "Government does not create jobs". It's as if he's already setting himself up for something he's done his entire life...take no accountability whatsoever for anything he's done wrong. Hell, the guy is behind by 20+ points in his own State in the polls. He was a 1-term governor and left with a 36% approval rating. Yeah, he gets my vote...

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Romney continually hits on a point that if he's elected, he'll create 12 million jobs. Yet, he closed the last debate by saying "Government does not create jobs". It's as if he's already setting himself up for something he's done his entire life...take no accountability whatsoever for anything he's done wrong. Hell, the guy is behind by 20+ points in his own State in the polls. He was a 1-term governor and left with a 36% approval rating. Yeah, he gets my vote...

But what has Obama done for ya?

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Some people dont like Obama solely because he is part black.
The amount of people that won't vote for Obama because of race are probably .0000000000000001% of the amount of people the Obama sheep squeal are RACIST! because they can't wrap their heads around the fact that their savior sucks.

Not everyone who likes guns is gonna vote for Romney, if that is the only thing someone is concerned with, dont bother voting.

People that actually want to support our rights, such as guns (or 1st, 4th, and myriad or other amendments being violated), should not vote for EITHER and not even pretend to defend 1 candidate over the other.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Glad you're happy about that. Mine went from $16K to $19K since 2007. During the same time, my house went from $760K to $450K.
You need to move to Western NY where the housing prices never change (plus we have a few fairly 2A-friendly Counties, especially in the Srn. Tier). We don't have any jobs but you can always open your own business and watch it slowly erode as NYS continually increases taxes on small business. LOL.

In all seriousness (and I've said this before) neither candidate appeals to me, and Romney appeals to me even less. I don't know what it is about the guy...maybe the fact that he probably spends more on Armani suits and coke than I earn in a year (or more), or because he's trying to legitimize a religious cult by taking office. I have no idea but I don't like the guy and what he represents is particularly repulsive (i.e. flip-flopping, AWB's, hypocrisy). Obama is guilty too but he seems a bit less arrogant. Just my $0.02.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.