Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Hey, some people claim that this nation was a Christian nation, and the Constitution is based on the 10 commandments, so I've heard crazier.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
If anyone is going to get credit for fabric, it's definitely homosexuals. lol

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
hmm... no wonder he is burning bridges with Isreal, he cant stand the Jews and he likely agrees with Mohammed Morsi when he said they were "descended from apes and pigs". I hope no one forgot all the military aide he gave Egypt when Morsi was in control and then he denounced the rebellion to overthrow that known terrorist.

·
Registered
637 Posts
This is sickening. Muslims were not an integral part of American society until the 20th century. Unless of course, you consider the reason "to the shores of Tripoli" in the Marine Corps Hymn being an integral part of American society. America's first interaction with Muslims was with the Barbary Pirates whom we sent the Marines to Tripoli to stop.

Yes, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson did research on Islam and John Adams did own a Quran. John Adams called Mohammed a "military fanatic".

John Quincy Adams said this about the Quran "The precept of the Koran is, perpetual war against all who deny, that Mahomet is the prophet of God. The vanquished may purchase their lives, by the payment of tribute; the victorious may be appeased by a false and delusive promise of peace; and the faithful follower of the prophet, may submit to the imperious necessities of defeat: but the command to propagate the Moslem creed by the sword is always obligatory, when it can be made effective. The commands of the prophet may be performed alike, by fraud, or by force."

Ben Franklin, in 1790, wrote this: "Nor can the Plundering of Infidels be in that sacred Book [the Quran] forbidden, since it is well known from it, that God has given the World, and all that it contains, to his faithful Mussulmen, who are to enjoy it of Right as fast as they conquer it."

So, maybe they were a part of the fabric, just not a good one.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Everything I need to know about Islam I learned on 9-11
I leaned everything I need to about gun owners from Sandy Hook.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
I'm not sure where you're going with this. Are you equating a well planned terrorist conspiracy carried out by multiple individuals with the act of a single person with a serious mental health problem?

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
While your logic is correct, it doesn't always transfer. People are going to make decisions based on their comfort level. My comfort level is far greater in regards to law-abiding gun owners than it is in regards to muslims, due to past experiences and the state of the region of the world they exert the most influence over. It is the same as you and many others distrusting the law enforcement establishment. Not all breaks in logic patterns bely stupidity or miseducation.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
If by fabric you mean Berber carpets, then yes I would suppose that is true.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Lets not get all gung ho lynch mob attack crazy here.
IMO - what the president is trying to say is the fabric of our society is woven from the contribution of all ethnic groups - muslims included.
He didn't say Muslims were part of the founding of our nation.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I'm not sure where you're going with this. Are you equating a well planned terrorist conspiracy carried out by multiple individuals with the act of a single person with a serious mental health problem?
Yes, I'm saying a handful individuals out of the entire member of that wacky tacky religion does not the belief of a group make.

Being a a logical thinker told me all I need to about religious people. Not a single act by a few people. That's completely idiotic.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Did you guys even both reading the actual statement by Obama?

Obama said:
As Muslims throughout the United States and around the world celebrate Eid-al-Fitr, Michelle and I extend our warmest wishes to them and their families. This last month has been a time of fasting, reflection, spiritual renewal, and service to the less fortunate. While Eid marks the completion of Ramadan, it also celebrates the common values that unite us in our humanity and reinforces the obligations that people of all faiths have to each other, especially those impacted by poverty, conflict, and disease.
In the United States, Eid also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy. That is why we stand with people of all faiths, here at home and around the world, to protect and advance their rights to prosper, and we welcome their commitment to giving back to their communities.
On behalf of the Administration, we wish Muslims in the United States and around the world a blessed and joyous celebration. Eid Mubarak.
Damn him for recognizing and trying to make peace with Muslims! Damn him!

I should nip this in the bud and close the thread, but I won't. You're free to talk about specific people/actions/events, but remember that we have a rule forbidding racism. Derogatory remarks against an entire religion/ethnicity/nationality/whatever won't be tolerated. I cleaned up a couple posts. If I see any more, the thread is getting locked.

Ohh... and this has nothing to do with firearms Laws and Politics. Moving to OT.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts