New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/11/n...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Get the ball rolling:

Eager to introduce Mr. Astorino to voters - and fast - his campaign said it would spend more than $1 million this week to run ads on broadcast and cable television. But at the senior center on Staten Island, in solidly Republican territory, his lack of celebrity raised concern.

"How come we never heard of him?" asked Ralph Cillo, 87, who said he was eager for a Republican to win the race. Dorothy Nazryk, 85, sitting beside him, nodded. "He's got to show his face around, otherwise nobody will know who he is."

Mr. Astorino pledged a breakneck tour of the state, although he admitted that, so far, he had not spent many nights away from his home in Mount Pleasant. On Primary Day, Mr. Astorino said he attended an event at his son's middle school and was in bed by 11 p.m.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
This poor guy has to do hardcore retail politics in short time b/c the Wall Street Republicans are in love with Cuomo and have shut him out of the fundraising, along with Christie Cream and the GOP governor's association.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
"How come we never hear of him"? So all you know is son of mario is the Gov and will be running again, you haven't taken the time to see if someone else might be running? Especially from the opposing party you claim to belong to? No wonder NY is the way it is.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
They're at a senior center, I'm sure they don't get out much but we all know he needs a lot more name recognition.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
"How come we never hear of him"? So all you know is son of mario is the Gov and will be running again, you haven't taken the time to see if someone else might be running? Especially from the opposing party you claim to belong to? No wonder NY is the way it is.
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner... That's the perfect example of the classic complacent attitude from a lazy electorate. The frogs are still in the pot and the heat is rising

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Be his feet, be his voice.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Just like the guy on the tv news Tuesday night who said he voted for Hochul because he didn't know who Wu was. In this electronic age with mountains of information at our fingertips, ignorance is a choice.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner... That's the perfect example of the classic complacent attitude from a lazy electorate. The frogs are still in the pot and the heat is rising
The guy is 87 years old and in a senior home. He is lucky to be talking at that age. It is extremely unlikely he can operate a computer and is most likely stuck watching whatever the nurses put on TV.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Some of you are correct, I was perhaps a bit harsh, on reflection.

However, 944turbo has it right, and someone said the same thing last night at the meet and greet with Chris Moss. People are seeing this constant pounding on TV, with a red faced Astorino being called a liar and criminal. Yes, WE know who the real criminal is, but the average/less than average informed voter is being spoon fed this crap.
Rob better get on with some ads and hit back, and do so soon.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Your average lib is either going to vote for Cuomo or not vote at all. Your average republican will vote for Astorino. Those that label themselves at independents are the ones we need to convince and I have a good feeling about them. People I talk to that don't know who Astorino is tell me that they think Cuomo is a crook and will vote for whoever runs against him. Then I tell them about Rob and they agree to spread the word. Also, low turnout will help our side. The most important thing is that WE don't have low turnout. Any gun owner that doesn't go out and vote this November deserves to have their rights taken away.

·
Registered
874 Posts
The guy is 87 years old and in a senior home. He is lucky to be talking at that age. It is extremely unlikely he can operate a computer and is most likely stuck watching whatever the nurses put on TV.
This is why Republicans are weak. This guy and all other Republicans in the state need to do what the Dems do. Whoever has the "R" next to their name, vote for them. That's all it takes....the Dems stick together, we don't.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Now since Astorino has cash flowing into his account because of Cruz And Jindal , he now can start " crashing " the airwaves to take control of the situation . The princess has had free range without any resistance . This is all coming together ( yes alittle slow but it's coming together ) most of the Dems are so sick of the princess that they are now saying they are staying home because they will not vote for Cuomo ! As was said before , a Talk to everyone you meet because the wod of mouth is the best advertisement there is ! I'm ready to do battle !

·
Registered
3,225 Posts

From a new Rasmussen poll of
likely voters...those who are the likeliest to vote this November and so presumably are more politically aware than most other Americans:

• Only 63% are aware that Republicans have majority control of the House. An identical number (63%) know that Democrats run the Senate.
  • Twenty percent (20%) mistakenly believe Democrats control the House, while 17% are not sure. Similarly, 18% think the GOP is in charge in the Senate, but 19% are not sure.
  • Women and those under 40 are less aware of who's in charge of both congressional chambers than men and older voters are.
  • Even though not a single Republican member of either the House or Senate voted for the new national health care law, 31% of likely voters say they are not sure how their representative in Congress voted on Obamacare, an issue at the forefront of this election cycle.

Just 63% Know Which Parties Control the House and Senate - Rasmussen Reports

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Now since Astorino has cash flowing into his account because of Cruz And Jindal , he now can start " crashing " the airwaves to take control of the situation .
Yup, saw a great anti-Cuomo ad on Rochester tv a couple nights ago. Most people are only now starting to pay some attention to all this.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
WAIT A FRIGGIN MINUTE!!!! (sound of scratching record) The NYTimes! The same paper that unleashed on CUOMO only because the Clintons gave them the green light? The "progressive" paper that lost all credibility during the Clinton Years? The same news paper that puts more cred into being hip than being factual? The same New York Times whos reporters are millennial metros that wear red pajamas while watching MSNBC? Okay then. Lets go to a Senior Center with 90 year olds that don't know how to turn on a computer and only watch the NBC stations in the rec room. Oh Yeah they also get the New York Times. They must be worried after looking at the Primary Numbers.

In other words, Pay no attention to the man behind the curtains.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
People act and talk about this like it is brand new.

Americans, for the most part, never pay attention to politics. Whether it is local, state or Federal. They never have and they never will.

I think some of this thinking is simple to control, the 87 yo that wants Cuomo gone; real easy, vote for the "other" guy. If you can't find out who he is, you ain't looking to hard. Again, get rid of one by voting for the other!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
One good thing i can say in the 3 or 4 counties i travel in alot is i see more Astorino signs every day .The better news is,i have yet to see a puke face Cuomo sign.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts