New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
The idea that a criminal would only load 7 rounds into a magazine is comical. There is no way that Cuomo, D'Amico, or any of the others think that criminals who illegally carry weapons will only load 7 rounds.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
superintendent D'Amico responded, "We respect people's rights. There's no way that we're going to come knocking on people's doors or seizing their weapons."

Interesting... *cough* Lewis *cough*

·
Registered
11,402 Posts
The idea that a criminal would only load 7 rounds into a magazine is comical. There is no way that Cuomo, D'Amico, or any of the others think that criminals who illegally carry weapons will only load 7 rounds.
We need to ask representatives to provide data about how many rounds arrested criminals are carrying after this law takes effect.
We shall record this data and then present that to them in a very professional and pragmatic manner.
But my impression is that this will have zero impact. I think it might make actually cheaper for criminals to acquire some magazines that the law abiding citizens might discard and some people w/o much common sense might sell them to who knows who.
Reality will show once again bans like this are useless and expose honest people to potential harm.
More law suits will continue to follow as people gets hurt and mistakes will happen, have not doubt.

·
Registered
8,342 Posts
Double dip Joe thinks our guns will fall into the wrong hands? Clown.

Don't they blame out of state guns for all the gun crime in NY because they claim our laws are so perfect?

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I watched that video and a few things come to mind:

1) NYC accents make me sick lately

2) So there are 7 rounds in a magazine that "falls into the wrong hands". They actually think they won't fully load the magazine at a later date? Really?

3) So this new registration...I've seen it posted here, but why have there been to news reports telling the non-NYF members where to go to get the forms or register online? Kind of hard to register when you don't know how.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
If there was a way to get 12 rounds into a 10 round mag they would do it. You know it, I know it, and more importantly they know it. They are just trying to appear to be doing something to "keep our children safe". They are playing a long game here, systematically disarming everyone and little by little hoping they will get the guns out of the hands of everyone purely by us dying off.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Superintendent D'Amico responded, "We respect people's rights. There's no way that we're going to come knocking on people's doors or seizing their weapons." then give us a valid reason why a law abiding, responsible gun owners/citizens/taxpayers is required to let the state know if we own a rifle that was legal to possess a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Superintendent D'Amico responded, "We respect people's rights. There's no way that we're going to come knocking on people's doors or seizing their weapons." then give us a valid reason why a law abiding, responsible gun owners/citizens/taxpayers is required to let the state know if we own a rifle that was legal to possess a few months ago.
Sounds like back peddling to me

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.