New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

· Registered
8,394 Posts
This is a warning off the Tresmond thread. I dont know if everybody reads it all the time , but I thought it should be reposted in case anyone missed it.

Max :
Warning: The New York State Attorney General and the New York State Police are preparing undercover sting operations for selling assault weapons. Do not transfer or sell your assault weapon to anyone until the ban is overturned.

You have been warned.

· Registered
9,139 Posts
I am gonna put out some bait and see what I catch. Anyone that responds to a $3000 WASR has to be State Police right?

p.s. please include more information in your thread title as to the contents of your post

· Registered
8,594 Posts
This is a warning off the Tresmond thread. I dont know if everybody reads it all the time , but I thought it should be reposted in case anyone missed it.

Max :

You have been warned.[/B]​
Yes the bust of the guy selling the two AR's and post ban magazines was from a NYSP and AG sting operation. Only an idiot would buy or sell an AR or other banned weapon to a stranger in NY right now.

· Registered
8,594 Posts
I am not going to switch, I am just going to refuse to sell it to them and see what story I get. I legit FFL or out of state buyer shouldn't have any problem sending me proof.
Honestly Ray, don't. Why would you want to bring NYSP and AG attention on yourself right now? Even if you have no intent to sell and are just testing them. Not a good idea. As your counsel, I must advise against it. :)

· Registered
169 Posts
Yes the bust of the guy selling the two AR's and post ban magazines was from a NYSP and AG sting operation. Only an idiot would buy or sell an AR or other banned weapon to a stranger in NY right now.
This is only the tip of the iceberg...I predict unannounced visits to gun ranges and sporting clubs..to "check your papers" and your "magazines"...possible harassment of FFL dealers...the real party will start when the AW registration deadline kicks in...I pray a reasonable and intelligent solution to this madness will happen before then...

· Registered
1,380 Posts
No sense playing with fire - they'd almost certainly find another reason to burn you...

Meanwhile, no AWs here - melted down the plastic (now molded into forks and spoons) and welded both ends of the barrel - nothing more than a metal club at this point...

· Registered
1,380 Posts
This is only the tip of the iceberg...I predict unannounced visits to gun ranges and sporting clubs..to "check your papers" and your "magazines"...possible harassment of FFL dealers...the real party will start when the AW registration deadline kicks in...I pray a reasonable and intelligent solution to this madness will happen before then...
Count on it!!! I've already had them check out my FSC-556 muzzle comp (looks a LOT like a flash hider)...

· Registered
341 Posts
I have one I'm selling "with extras I'll disclose in email" for $12.5K! That'll hook those *******s!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.