New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just Honest NY Citizen's and collectors or home protecters they want to Enforce and arrest, on Safe Act.
If Cuomo's Law is the Law of the Land (NY & NYC) than why is it these illegal gun buy backs are ran without proper paper work,FFL Transfers,NIC'S and breaking many of the Safe Act Laws and Laws in effect right now. These and Many more should keep them busy. Before they come for one honest citizen, many of these firearms could of been used in unsloved cases and handed in without transfer???? Talk about LOOP HOLE
Gun Buyback Planned At Suffolk County Church « CBS New Yorknewyork.cbslocal.com/.../gun-buyback-planned-at-suffolk-county-churc...

Mar 30, 2013 - Suffolk County was set to hold a gun buyback Saturday afternoon, and officials urged those in possession of illegal firearms to bring them in.

gun buyback « CBS New Yorknewyork.cbslocal.com/tag/gun-buyback/

The Bergen County Prosecutor's Office joined local police departments for a gun buyback at several churches throughout the county this weekend. 2013/04/13...

Gun buyback program held at Brooklyn church - New York News ...www.myfoxny.com/story/.../gun-buyback-program-held-at-brooklyn-chur...

Illegal guns were removed from the streets of Brooklyn on Saturday afternoon. Brooklyn DA Charles Hynes in conjunction with the NYPD held a gun buyback at ...

Long Island church hosts gun buyback program | 7online.comabclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id...

Mar 30, 2013 - AMITYVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island church hosted a gun buyback program where anyone turning in an assault weapon received $300...

'Guns 4 Greatness' gun buyback program promises cash, mentoring ...thegrio.com/.../on-saturday-guns-4-greatness-gun-buyback-program-pro...

Mar 29, 2013 - Initially nicknamed the "Beyoncé gun buyback" by the media, Williams ...Church drives removed roughly 7,000 firearms from New York City...

Two Brooklyn churches hold gun buybacks Saturday - NY Daily Newswww.nydailynews.com/new-york/.../2-bklyn-churches-hold-gun-buybacks...

Dec 15, 2012 - Mt. Ollie Baptist Church in Brownsville and St. Peters Lutheran Church in Cypress Hills will stay open until 4p.m. Saturday to offer $200 bank ...

'Guns for Greatness': Gun buyback program would reward New ...

www.nydailynews.com/new-york/turn-gun-beyonce-live-article-1....

by Bill Hutchinson
Feb 25, 2013 - 'Guns for Greatness': Gun buyback program would reward New York's young gunslingers with mentorship and Beyonce concert tickets for The ...

Notes From a Gun Buyback - NYTimes.com - The New York Timeswww.nytimes.com/2013/02/16/.../nocera-notes-from-a-gun-buyback.html

Feb 15, 2013 - Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times. Joe Nocera. The first gun turned in at the Calvary Gospel Church, in Newark's tough South Ward, was an...

At Brooklyn Gun Buyback, Shooting Is Not Far From the Minds of ...cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/.../at-brooklyn-gun-buyback-shooting-is-no...

Dec 15, 2012 - The church, Mount Ollie Baptist in Brownsville, was one of two places in the borough that took part in a gun buyback program run by the Police...

nypd and manhattan district attorney gun buy-back ... - NYC.govwww.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pr/pr_2008_049.shtml

Oct 29, 2008 - NYPD AND MANHATTAN DISTRICT ATTORNEY GUN BUY-BACK PROGRAM YIELDS 744 FIREARMS Church-involved Cash-for-Guns Offer...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, all this looks "cute" singing Cumbaya holding hands; -until some guys hiest 1000 guns from one of these places.

BTW, my wife mysteriously disappeared last year, and I just have no desire to shoot this ol' handgun. I'll give it to a homeless guy so he can get some food!

-Really stupid, and proof positive that crime has nothing to do with the left's motivation for gun control.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sterliingrex, thats the point, criminials are not who "they" are after, NY Safe Act's true intentions get the Guns!!!
Islamberg may hand in some broken ones and get some more money from the state or maybe Islamberg will do a Gun by back.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
It still puzzles me why anyone in their right mind would turn in their AR15 that is worth $1500 for a fricken $300 gift card... And I agree how can they do this without background checks. There's nothing in the law saying that police or anyone can legally do this... Turn them in and see if u get your $500 from the tip line.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Peace officers have the power to take possession of firearms they don't own by penal law 2.20:

"The power to possess and take custody of firearms not owned by the peace officer, for the purpose of disposing, guarding, or any other lawful purpose, consistent with his duties as a peace officer."

I would imagine police are granted similar powers, I just don't know which law applies to them. How this is affected by the "SAFE" act, I'm not really sure.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Way to take firearms that were most likely used in the commission of a crime off the streets guys! Paying criminals to get rid of evidence. Brilliant.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Way to take firearms that were most likely used in the commission of a crime off the streets guys! Paying criminals to get rid of evidence. Brilliant.
Yep Family waiting on news related to the death of a love one and bingo Gun buy back, Cold case file. These gun buy backs are Big Loop holes vs 1-2% guns bought at gunshows end up in a crime, whats the percent on the guns bought back. oh wait never know????? A$$ backwards if you ask me.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
I wonder how that would work.
bring in a gun and turn to an officer that would most likely be watching the process (just assuming or hoping there would be one)..."Excuse me, this person is attempting to buy this firearm from me without a proper background check...doesn't the law say that is illegal?"
LMAO....

·
Registered
948 Posts
Why sell a $1500 AR for $300?

Try this. Gun buy back tomorrow. Steal a real AR in PA,or pistol, or whatever. (your cost is now $0.00). Commit another crime with said weapon. Turn in crime weapon at buy back (remember, there are "no questions asked" according to the buy back adds) you now have safely turned your felony weapons theft into $300.

Legit gun owner is still out his weapon, but you go Scot free as there is no evidence they can use against you.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why sell a $1500 AR for $300?

Try this. Gun buy back tomorrow. Steal a real AR in PA,or pistol, or whatever. (your cost is now $0.00). Commit another crime with said weapon. Turn in crime weapon at buy back (remember, there are "no questions asked" according to the buy back adds) you now have safely turned your felony weapons theft into $300.

Legit gun owner is still out his weapon, but you go Scot free as there is no evidence they can use against you.
NY State has managed to give criminials a buy back LOOP HOLE its for the kids. Cuomo and the GOON squad has not got a clue. This Buy back gives incentives to be a criminial,The NYSP help you after your felonly armed robbery they will clean it for you, steal it do what you have to and The NYSP will hand you cash no questions asked. Plus Coming soon Cuomo wants to make it legal to smoke pot while handing it in, man being a criminial has its perks here in our great state Home of Safe Act USA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.