New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NYS Troopers have updated information pertaining to the new Hochul CCIA b.s. Attached is the .pdf for new gun law FAQ and the entirety of updated information is here: Firearms.

It is confirmed that only current conceal carry holders in NYC, Westchester, Nassau & Suffolk and new conceal carry applicants in all counties will need to comply with the new training requirements. Of course, you can't carry anywhere...

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
A) Subject to exemptions for certain individuals, you can only enter another person’s property with a firearm, rifle, or shotgun when the owner or lessee has specifically posted that it allowed, or the owner or lessee has expressly consented. Consent to Issued August 27, 2022 8 carry must be reflected by clear and conspicuous signage or express verbal consent from the owner or lessee. (Penal Law § 265.01-d)

So, the owner of a business cannot drive onto the premises of his local bank to make a night deposit ?
That makes a shit load of sense, doesn't it ?
I can't carry when I pull into a gas station, run into Stewarts or anywhere else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hochul's statement tonight on the preliminary injunction being dismissed:

"The court dismissed the case and denied the motion for a preliminary injunction. It is a just and right decision, and our smart, sensible gun laws will go into effect as planned tomorrow on September 1 to keep New Yorkers safe."

What a joke--she is only keeping the CRIMINALS safe. She has made NYS a big, soft target.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yet again what a sad commentary for the state of NY. This latest bill is flawed in nature and nothing more than spiteful and vindictive. Hard to believe NY has one of the highest percent of their population fleeing the state.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
OK... the judge's decision sucks balls - BUT it is a legally correct decision. The plaintiffs would have been smacked down almost immediately on Bruen's appeal to the 2nd Circuit due to the 'standing' issues.

Trust me - I'm pissed as hell that as of tomorrow I'll be a felon for having dinner in a restaurant that serves beer, or going to get groceries because they didn't put a "Guns Allowed" sign on the front door. Shit - I'm not even in NY now... when I fly back, will the fact I am picking up a suitcase with my handgun inside from the luggage belt make me a felon?

That said - the decision basically laid out a roadmap on how to fix and refile the motion for a new preliminary injunction. The merits are valid - but they a.) need to find plaintiffs with proper standing and b.) they need to sue the right person or government entity. NYSP Superintendent Bruen is a political appointee running the State Police. But any police/peace officer in NY can enforce these new laws. Gain legal standing, sue the right people and you have a victory.

Finally, the Gun Owners of America need to find themselves a better lawyer. They made a decent first attempt as the judge agreed on the merits of the motion - but they did a shitty job of preparing Antonyuk.

This was just the first shot fired in the battle - and while we may have lost, it's not over.

So don't get all angry and 12-yr old emotional about this. The judge wrote a 78 page decision explaining his decision. He could have been like "No standing, fuck you, dismissed with prejudice" one page decision.

I get the sense he wanted to order the injunction but his hands were tied.

Keep up the good fight. Remember - vote out that miserable botox facelifted witch **** in November and every democrat member of the state Assembly and state Senate. Talk to all your friends and buddies. Get them to vote. This election is ours to lose regardless of the state party enrollment numbers. Zeldin is 8 points behind in polling putting him in striking distance - no one has gotten that close since Pataki. Democrats are also pissed at their ruling party too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I've had my concealed carry permit for over five yrs now. It was issued with restrictions. Them being only able to Cc when fishing hunting hiking camping etc.. So now because of this court decision are those restrictions now lifted and my permit is a full Cc with no restrictions other than places where firearms are not permitted? Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you google the state troopers summary, the link is some of the posts, you will find that removing the restrictions is totally bogus as a perceived benefit. The new law bans so many places that carry is functionally impossible in every day life. The Governor said that was the goal of the law, quite explicitly.

All the folks who get a new permit - will see this. Those who are fretting about training have a point that is a hurdle. However, you overcome it for a useless permit.

As I see it, the major flaws in the situation:

1. Was the new law predictable as a response to a successful Scotus case? If so was it worth it to destroy carry across the state for just the 'bad' counties? Some argue the decision is good for other states. Do we care about that?
2. The failed counter suit. Was the dismissal based on standing predictable? It seems lawyers should have known this and thus found a better way to launch the suit. They claim the decision had positives so the next one will be, etc. It will take years.
3. Did the members of Scotus truly understand the counters that NYS would launch and could they have prevented them by clearer language on sensitive and banned locations. People quote Clarence's bit about Manhattan as clearly prevented the current bans but it was flawed. The state did not ban a geographic location except for Times Square (who care) but totaled the state with the opt in clause. That could have been prevented but Clarence was out smarted. That now we can have better cases - who cares, it takes years and the history of Heller shows it will be long time.
4. Oh, the 4 other cases are sent back - oh, BS - they could have taken them and acted on them rather than another set of year long processes that may generate the same ambiguities.

When it comes to the average unrestricted carrier in the 'good' counties - the decision led to a very, negative outcome. All the folks rushing for permits - why? You can have the gun in the house or walking down the street. Don't go on the park's path though - you are felon. Don't go to Wegmans or TOPS (the law was because of a guy with an AR, how does it stop that?).

It might led to better gun rights in the long term? So what for many in the state who live in the now.

·
Registered
393 Posts
All those hunters that boost the local economy in the Catskills are going to be in for a rude awakening. Many are going in sensitive locations without knowing it.
It's going to be interesting. I have probably been stopped by ENCON and troopers 20 times over the years during deer season. Loaded magazine in the cup holder of the armrest in the vehicle, rifle in the back seat. How many guys who haven't been paying attention are going to do that, get stopped, and become felons?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Having a wave of arrests or reports of the law ignoring the law for good old boys will make interesting reading. As far as voting, the NYC area blocks usually carry the day. While folks may thing the CCIA will increase turnout, Dobbs may be more powerful in increasing Democratic turnout.

NYSPRA says Bruen was a great victory despite the perceived loss for many because it will lead to more suits in the future (time scale and unknown results, esp. about the sensitive locale and opt in) and the 4 remanded suits are great news using their new historical standard. However, these four suits do not help the carry ban, so do we care? Getting rid of a mag ban is great for a gun you can't carry anywhere?

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's going to be interesting. I have probably been stopped by ENCON and troopers 20 times over the years during deer season. Loaded magazine in the cup holder of the armrest in the vehicle, rifle in the back seat. How many guys who haven't been paying attention are going to do that, get stopped, and become felons?
The ENCON love enforcing the ECL. A loaded magazine for a hunting rifle is a big deal if found inside a vehicle with the rifle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in NYC. Reading the .pdf of the that Brigette attached from the NYS Police makes me think I will not be getting a conceal carry anytime soon. No way will I supply them with access to my social media accounts. There is nothing bad or incriminating in there (though some question my musical tastes) but that smacks of an unconstitutional request. And as far as training goes, do you think taking Handgun 101 through 104 at the Sig Sauer Academy will be sufficient? Personally I think "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is all I need.

Cannot wait to retire and move to a Free State like Texas or Florida and get out of this insane City and State

·
Registered
167 Posts
The FAQ's from the NYS Police and from DEC are all part of the same charade. The questions are not real...they were crafted to fit the state's scripted answers. The most important part of both documents is the disclaimer at the top, which basically tells you the information does not have the force of law. So why bother to even provide it??

These questions and answers are not intended to be exhaustive, nor do they constitute legal advice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts