New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats this i hear in 2017 we have to renew our permits/licenses with the state police and its going to be every 5 years???

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Yea its the unSAFE ACT. remember since you have to update every 5 years don't do it early. let them deal with most people in the state renewing at same time every 5 years together.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
You hear rumours of rumours..nobody knows the truth bout that yet, besides the point if Rob gets in things will be his way or the possibility of change

·
Registered
324 Posts
I asked the clerks about that and they dont know what's gonna happen because they do not have the resources nor staff to add another addition to the databases and the code to have state weather they have or have not renewed ... if it goes through and they don't have the resources, alto of **** is gonna hit a really big fan . Say you get your letter to renew and you have 3 months to renew but the waiting list is 6 months... ha however my bra instructor friend said he had to renew already. But all it was, was a list of the pistols he owned and he just had to sign to verify that he still had them all. Or if they missed one

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yea but when their own website says...

"All licensees shall be recertified by the Division of State Police every five years thereafter. Any license issued before the effective date of the chapter of the laws of Two Thousand Thirteen which added this paragraph shall be recertified on or before January Thirty-First, Two Thousand Eighteen, and not less than one year prior to such date.
We believe this means: The State Police will be responsible for this new recertification process, and they have not yet informed County Clerks how they are going to implement this program, but by January 2018 all current lifetime pistol permits will be replaced by 5-year recertified permits everywhere in New York State."

then this is no quick..gonna happen in 3 years all on same page..
BAH
All we can kinda say is time will tell, and then it will just be more signs on lawns..lol

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Having the permit removed from local control, where the judge, sheriff and county clerk are beholden to the local voters, doesn't bode well.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yea I have a tiny lil metal press with my initials on it waitin for years to be used..

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Solution: DON'T RENEW CUOMO!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Whats this i hear in 2017 we have to renew our permits/licenses with the state police and its going to be every 5 years???
This is true based on un-safe statewide. I reside in westchester county and here it has been law for years now. I completed my first 5 years back this past July. It was quite simple but received my renewal way past my permit's expiration date which made me lose sleep many nights. In your case the renewal will be done by the NYSP not the county years from now if safe is still standing then.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well if it does happen i will wait until the last possible day to postmark it!FUAC I hope asterino gets in and changes things but only time will tell...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts