New York Firearms Forum banner

NYS Police Spent Cartridge

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Figment 
#1 ·
I'm about to pick up my Kimber and it does not have a spent cartridge to send to NY State Police. Is it still required? I thought i might have seen in another post that they no longer require it??? Not sure. Thanks for any help

#15 ·
I hope the FFLs just start a Jar, and throw all the brass in there disorganized. What a half ass attempt by the State Police to push the burden on the FFLs with no real solid guidance, and no legal right. COBIS was not only unfunded, the law was REPEALED. That should mean no more spent casings required, period. If I was an FFL, I'd probably refuse unless the SP could point out where in the the law it that requires me to hold the casings. And I'd hope they'd have a process for the FFLs to follow because from what I saw in Bob's post if you just "retained" them by throwing them all in one big jar, you've followed the "guidance" of the state police.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.