New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is currently online, a composite list of NY State Pistol permit holders... It represents those who possessed it as of 2010, but it is still online now.

Wouldn't the list, and the distribution of this list be in violation of the current laws if the Opt-Out persons were not removed from it?
How could this list still be available post 'Safe Act' provisions to remove those who opt-out?

Posting only so that this may be addressed... If link is necessary, I will provide it.

Thank you for your thoughts...

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
They were aquired with FOIL requests. You need to file an exemption if you don't want your info released at any point in the future. That list will be on the net forever.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Clearly the law implies that names will not be released after the law was put into effect, but there is no way to remove information from the internet that may have been released prior to the Law.
That old list has been around for sometime, as well as a list that circulated back around 2006.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Like many a teenage/early 20s girls are discovering.... Once on the Internet always on the Internet.

We are screwed

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Ya do gotta love that family cluster we Putnamonians got goin on...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like many a teenage/early 20s girls are discovering.... Once on the Internet always on the Internet.

We are screwed
Lmao! Hahaha

thanks, but I'm aware of it being OUT there.

My intent was that the idea that the site operator, here being a GOOGLE hosted page, to be made to take the material down as it may contain persons objecting to the public release of their information as per the NEW law. The list contains those who were permits HOLDERS during its release (list) 2010.

I would think that just like with the DMCA, once a site was notified that it contained illegal material, it has a duty to remove said material until it could be determined otherwise.

If I am on the list, do I have legal standing to have it removed as per the new laws?

Doesn't matter it's out there, the person distributing it once notified to remove me from the list, or the list if not possible to remove individuals, would be in violation of the law if not compliant, no?

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
We all know. It was a big deal when the list was first published and everyone went nuts to get it taken down.

all you can do is stop talking about it so it has less presence on a google search

·
Registered
450 Posts
In realality the law only covers the release of the information from pistol license agencies such as Sheriff Dept or County Clerks office to the public, it does not address information that is already in the public stream.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I know a bunch of dead people on the list also so they were digging pretty far back.
my uncle is one of them...

this list predates the journal news list that was out there. this was some other anti gunner with way too much time on his hands that put this list together.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Ya do gotta love that family cluster we Putnamonians got goin on...
smack dab in the center is probably the safest place to live in the whole county....

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Had both NY And CT CC since 1996, I never Opted Out of anything..and Im not on it..When I zoom in i see neighbors to e left and right but not me..so again, its a list but outdated and not totaly proper.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I know a bunch of dead people on the list also so they were digging pretty far back.
I got some family members on that list that are dead also so that list can't be current . Plus they don't even have the list from 1916 on there cause I'm sure most of them are dead also . This stuff on the internet must be true cause I'm on that list but they don't give anything but my name so that's good !

·
Registered
278 Posts
Unfortunately, it was information legally obtained. The material is not illegal. There is no way to have this removed, and even if you did, it'd just pop up somewhere else.

Lmao! Hahaha

thanks, but I'm aware of it being OUT there.

My intent was that the idea that the site operator, here being a GOOGLE hosted page, to be made to take the material down as it may contain persons objecting to the public release of their information as per the NEW law. The list contains those who were permits HOLDERS during its release (list) 2010.

I would think that just like with the DMCA, once a site was notified that it contained illegal material, it has a duty to remove said material until it could be determined otherwise.

If I am on the list, do I have legal standing to have it removed as per the new laws?

Doesn't matter it's out there, the person distributing it once notified to remove me from the list, or the list if not possible to remove individuals, would be in violation of the law if not compliant, no?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts