New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Company: Cavalier Knight LLC.
Tactical Equipment, Ballistic Threat Management, Firearms.

Member Business: NRA Business Alliance, National Shooting Sports Foundation (Retailer), New York State Sheriff's Association (Business)

Memberships Civilian: FBI New York Metro InfraGard (Intelligence), Fraternal Order of Police DC Lodge No.1 (Associate), New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, NYC OEM - C.E.R.T., NYPD - Police Square Club (Masonic), NYPD Operation Nexus (Anti-Terrorism), NYPD SHIELD (Anti-Terrorism)

Graduate: FBI New York Citizens' Police Academy 2011, NYPD Citizens Police Academy 2012

Licenses & Permits: NYPD Premise License, NYPD Rifle Shotgun Permit, Connecticut, Florida, Maine, Utah CCW's, FFL 01 & C&R 03.

APPLIED: November 26, 2013
INTERVIEWED: February 11, 2014
DISAPPROVAL LETTER DATED: June 13, 2013
DISAPPROVAL LETTER POST MARKED: July 08, 2014
DISAPPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED: July 09, 2014

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - Friday, June 13, 2014
Result: 200 days or 6 months, 19 days

Reasons:

1. You have not demonstrated a special need for self-protection distinguishable from that of the general community or of persons engaged in the same profession which is required for a license to carry a concealed firearm in public.
  2. You did not provide any contracts with current or potential clients with whom you conduct business with as required.
  3. You have not shown you have made any sales nor received any payments for any products.
  4. You do not have cash or products on hand ready for sale.
  5. You have not provided any substantial proof that would substantiate your claim of carrying any products for demonstrations on a routine basis.

My Response - Lawyer On Speed Dial:

PDF File:

https://cavalierknight.com/no.menu/no.menu.nypd.disapproval.html

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
If you want a NYC permit you have to:

*Become a TV/Movie star.
*Get elected Judge
*Be Donald Trump
*Donate a TON of money to the Commie's re-election campaign.

Basically, needing to occasionally transport body armor in NYC is not going to be grounds to get a permit issued.
The ONLY chance is through a lawyer, but I personally don't give it much of a shot.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want a NYC permit you have to:

*Become a TV/Movie star.
*Get elected Judge
*Be Donald Trump
*Donate a TON of money to the Commie's re-election campaign.

Basically, needing to occasionally transport body armor in NYC is not going to be grounds to get a permit issued.
The ONLY chance is through a lawyer, but I personally don't give it much of a shot.
Actually if you read the document from the link it's a bit more complex. It's not about them saying yes it's about getting them to give you reasons they said no then eliminating those reasons legally & logistically.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

Actually if you read the document from the link it's a bit more complex. It's not about them saying yes it's about getting them to give you reasons they said no then eliminating those reasons legally & logistically.
I read everything and after all that I would not give you a snowballs chance in you know where of succeeding. Not that I think that you are wrong, just that I know they won't buy it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I read everything and after all that I would not give you a snowballs chance in you know where of succeeding. Not that I think that you are wrong, just that I know they won't buy it.
Well it's not over yet we won't know what happens until it happens but I don't ride the fence I change the game. Everybody said the same exact thing when I applied for my FFL 01 which I just renewed by the way.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm at my investigation at this point I had a solution for each issue so he get's his supervisor. She's asking me questions about why I think there's any danger ok let me think. I'm travelling with light weight non-ceramic tactical hard body armor 1 plate is only 7.5lbs. This thing can stop multiple hits from an AK-47. It's also being taken to law enforcement agencies to possibly be used to save their lives. She say's ok well how does anyone even know you have this armor?

I reply well I have a website...she say's oh you have a website "well you put yourself in danger"! I say what company doesn't have a website? Then my investigator asks well you don't travel with it every single day? I say no, he say's oh no then that means the rest of the time you'll just be walking around with your firearm! I reply well no one with a Carry Business License works 24/7. He say's yes they do I say "no they don't". They never take any days off religious holidays or Sundays? He say's well ok if they go to church on Sunday we hope they just do the right thing and leave their firearm home. I say ok well what's the difference between them and me? I can't just do the right thing? It was a circus.

If those they can apply don't you don't get any court cases to challenge the issue. I hope Heller had better support back then lol.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
The problem is that the Courts have almost always decided it is in the discretion of the License Officer.
And since you already said you don't carry large sums of money or ballistic armor every day, you have pretty much sealed your fate.
Of course, you can do like Bloomturd and hire armed guards when you need them. You are a billionaire too, right?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The problem is that the Courts have almost always decided it is in the discretion of the License Officer.
And since you already said you don't carry large sums of money or ballistic armor every day, you have pretty much sealed your fate.
Of course, you can do like Bloomturd and hire armed guards when you need them. You are a billionaire too, right?
Possibly but that's not how an Article78 works let's take N0.5:

You have not provided any substantial proof that would substantiate your claim of carrying any products for demonstrations on a routine basis.

They ask me to prove something that cannot be proven in the manner they requested. What document exists that can prove that even if I did it everyday? Then they request a document verifying that I met with them and they refuse to provide the information they asked for. That's called arbitrary & capricious. You refuse to provide the proof you requested then impose upon me to provide it from others. All that has to be done is eliminate each of the reasons as they cannot go back and add to them or modify them. Knowing is half the battle.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
"He say's well ok if they go to church on Sunday we hope they just do the right thing and leave their firearm home."

why would this be 'the right thing'?
I would think the 'right thing' would be to be prepared to defend yourself and others. After all, it's NYC, the preemminent hive of scum and villany (except for Albany, of course).

And if they are being arbitrary and capricious, well, laws have been struck down for less.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

Possibly but that's not how an Article78 works let's take N0.5:

You have not provided any substantial proof that would substantiate your claim of carrying any products for demonstrations on a routine basis.

They ask me to prove something that cannot be proven in the manner they requested. What document exists that can prove that even if I did it everyday? Then they request a document verifying that I met with them and they refuse to provide the information they asked for. That's called arbitrary & capricious. You refuse to provide the proof you requested then impose upon me to provide it from others. All that has to be done is eliminate each of the reasons as they cannot go back and add to them or modify them. Knowing is half the battle.
Please seek legal advice, and not on the Internet.
They gave you a reason for denial, a Judge could decide if it fits arbitrary and capricious. But if you look in McKinneys, there is quite a bit of case law. Good luck on the Article 78, but as you know, you can not win the case here. We do not have the power.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I know that anecdotal evidence is not considered reliable, but the anecdotal evidence that I am aware of, going back over 30 years, is that Business Carry applications are almost always denied on the first request and you have to sue them.

Sometimes when the lawsuit is filed they back down, other times not.

In this case, the OP can not show evidence of daily carry of large amounts of cash, jewelry or drugs, so I suspect they will not back down.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts

1. You have not demonstrated a special need for self-protection distinguishable from that of the general community or of persons engaged in the same profession which is required for a license to carry a concealed firearm in public.
Is it just me or would that requirement mean that nobody would qualify ? "You don't seem to have a need any greater than the other armored car drivers...."

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
scosgt:
In this case, the OP can not show evidence of daily carry of large amounts of cash, jewelry or drugs, so I suspect they will not back down.

This is true. The only thing of value in his possession would be himself, and in the eyes of the rotten apple, he has no value. Ah me, its a perfect circle they have created, ever expanding, to a point where all within a legislative distance will be engulfed, and rendered rightless.
Robin

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
[/LIST]
Is it just me or would that requirement mean that nobody would qualify ? "You don't seem to have a need any greater than the other armored car drivers...."
Don't forget the armored car drivers were limited to 7 rounds by f u a c.
Apparently no one has any need to protect themselves, even in a profession where a robbery is likely to be done with automatic weapons.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
503(a) Exposure of the applicant by reason of employment or business necessity to extraordinary personal danger requiring authorization to carry a handgun.

Example: Employment in a position in which the applicant routinely engages in transactions involving substantial amounts of cash, jewelry "or other" valuables or negotiable items. In these instances, the applicant shall furnish documentary proof that her/his employment actually requires that s/he be authorized to carry a handgun, and that s/he routinely engages in such transactions.

I'm not seeking advice I'm sharing information so the next person is better prepared from my experience. Sharing is caring. If you've been to my website you'll see I'm the guy who gives advice. As I stated lawyer is on speed dial. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts