New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

· Registered
334 Posts
Israeli innocent bystanders take notice...

· I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess they are actually in a few countries. Its interesting that they are allowed to do it even though the FBI doesn't like the fact that a lot of the NYPD "operatives" constantly break the local governments laws.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Um, how would they have jurisdiction? I don't get it. No one has to legally cooperate with them at all. Yelling "NYPD!" in a foreign country is going to get you about as far a legless horse.

6,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am guessing this has to do with there anti-terrorism stuff which still doesn't make sense other then we are paying for it instead of the whole country paying for it by having an appropriate federal agency doing it.

· Registered
1,559 Posts

6,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The money being talked about in the article above sounds like it is being used for surveillance of NYC itself.

My biggest issue is that NYC police are braching out all over the world to protect itself. Shouldn't the federal government or atleast the state government be doing this instead?

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
The money being talked about in the article above sounds like it is being used for surveillance of NYC itself.

My biggest issue is that NYC police are braching out all over the world to protect itself. Shouldn't the federal government or atleast the state government be doing this instead?
its the feds responsibility really. Its dangerous to have a simple city PD overreaching and branching out like that. Bloomy is essentially using them as his own little publically funded army.

· Registered
8,342 Posts

· Registered
1,559 Posts
The nypd is part of the joint terror task force. NYPD has a duty to protect its area, residents and the millions of tourists/visitors daily.. Since NYC is a terrorist target they must prepare and protect against against terror. NYC is huge compared to other cities and factor the targets involved and there international significance.

Why is it an issue? The US govt is scaling down. NYC and FED GOV saves the state from having to do it and the US gov doesn't have create a whole new pork belly agency to run this. NYPD has homegrown people on street. Not some FBI agent from KY.

The NYPD's War on Terror

The Joint Terrorism Task Force

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
The nypd is part of the joint terror task force. NYPD has a duty to protect its area, residents and the millions of tourists/visitors daily.. Since NYC is a terrorist target they must prepare and protect against against terror. NYC is huge compared to other cities and factor the targets involved and there international significance.

Why is it an issue? The US govt is scaling down. NYC and FED GOV saves the state from having to do it and the US gov doesn't have create a whole new pork belly agency to run this. NYPD has homegrown people on street. Not some FBI agent from KY.

The NYPD's War on Terror

The Joint Terrorism Task Force
because their area of responsibility goes far beyond the city it was intended for.
Kind of like when NYPD was caught doing surveillance in NJ on a group of suspected terrorists.

When a govt keeps expanding and its tenticles range further and into more things, it gets out of control.

TSA is the perfect example. Their mission is to cover all modes of transportation...not just aircraft/airports. Thats why now you see them at docks/bays, as well as train stations. Some day they could even expand to highways and other major roads. They are already at bus terminals.

No one wants to live in a country where there are road blocks set up between towns, cities, and 15 overlapping agencies and departments fighting for who controls what. "Layers of security" is much like an onion...a very complex one at that. Inter-agency communication for discussion of who is operating where, and what they are doing is still pretty darn poor.

Also remember how Bloomy sent out his thugs to other states looking at gun shops to buy guns illegaly, etc? Well...they could use the logic of, well we know the guns in the city come from VA or PA, so we sent our guys there. They have done exactly that too..illegally. It has to stop.

· Registered
1,559 Posts
They are not simple POs doing this job. they are training briefing and working directly with the FEDS. This all came into play heavily after 9/11. and the dept of homeland security.

the 93 bombing of the WTC was not the wake up call it should have been. Good people are working hard everyday to make sure there is no repeat. The feds are paying for it and NYC is taking advantage of it.

The Top 100 Terrorist Targets in the United States

count how many are in NYC

NYC is USA #1 terrorist target.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
They are not simple POs doing this job. they are training briefing and working directly with the FEDS. This all came into play heavily after 9/11. and the dept of homeland security.

the 93 bombing of the WTC was not the wake up call it should have been. Good people are working hard everyday to make sure there is no repeat. The feds are paying for it and NYC is taking advantage of it.

The Top 100 Terrorist Targets in the United States

count how many are in NYC

NYC is USA #1 terrorist target.
i'm very aware of the cooperation. However the feds are better trained at operations overseas (non domestic gigs).

Communicating and passing along intel is great. But i do think some things should be left to the feds. Look at the support system of say the CIA or NSA or FBI versus the NYPD. The sheer amount of global resources each of those agencies can tap into at will, easily, is far beyond anything the NYPD can muster without requesting from someone else. NYPD sending a single guy overseas is a bit over their head i think.

· Registered
1,559 Posts
who cares if they are investigating people. It can and has foiled terror attacks. If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.

Terrorists use our asinine laws to protect themselves in our own country. Just as we patrol poppy fields in the STAN and spend billions on anti drug agendas and law enforcement. Terrorist organizations have made it so we cannot protect our nation without watching everyone.

The next attacks will be homegrown as these jihad nutz are being brainwashed in prisons right now as we speak.

· Registered
1,559 Posts
i'm very aware of the cooperation. However the feds are better trained at operations overseas (non domestic gigs).

Communicating and passing along intel is great. But i do think some things should be left to the feds. Look at the support system of say the CIA or NSA or FBI versus the NYPD. The sheer amount of global resources each of those agencies can tap into at will, easily, is far beyond anything the NYPD can muster without requesting from someone else. NYPD sending a single guy overseas is a bit over their head i think.
I agree to a point but this is not st Louis KY PD. This is NYC. The #1 terror target in the US lol. Its a much bigger scale. We need less middlemen today. We all learned this from 9/11. one agency not talking to another..... one agency has info and doesn't share. 9/11 was a complete breakdown on the federal side.

· Registered
1,559 Posts
Also the main part of this is the huge orthodox Jew population in NYC. another major target. This is probably a big factor in this trip to Israel.

6,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am pretty sure there was a article out recently where a NYPD rep admitted that the NYC terrorist task force conducting surveillance in other states has not turned up a single lead period.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
who cares if they are investigating people. It can and has foiled terror attacks. If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.
this scares me...and it should scare you just saying it. Thats the same poor mentality that gives credence to the govt wanting GPS in every car so they can track you. Or drones flying above your house to spy on you. Or constant surveillance to listen to your phone calls and email..

Ja , You have nothing to fear... long as you have nothing to hide citizen...

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.