New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious? I have NYS Armed Security Guard license (NYS pistol permit) but would like to get a NYC pistol permit so I can work in the city also. I also am a property owner with 10+ rental units so wondering if they might issue a carry to me since I'm not sure when or where I might be heading to (work or rental apts)?

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you ever find out, let me know. I also do a lot of work in the city, Queens and Brooklyn .
Good luck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Curious? I have NYS Armed Security Guard license (NYS pistol permit) but would like to get a NYC pistol permit so I can work in the city also. I also am a property owner with 10+ rental units so wondering if they might issue a carry to me since I'm not sure when or where I might be heading to (work or rental apts)?
Don't hold your breath.

There are over 8 million people in NYC with about 37,000 registered gun owners and only about 2500 carry permits.

People with permits include: Donald Trump and Donald Trump Jr.; Howard Stern; Don Imus; lawyers Barry Slotnick and Raoul Felder; Senate Majority Leader Joe Bruno; news anchor John Roland; Tommy Mottola; Ronald Lauder; Robert DeNiro; and Harvey Keitel.

You aren't likely to get one unless you are rich or politically connected.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Add Anthony Cumia (from the Opie & Anthony radio show), and even though he lives in Nassau County, he was able to get a carry permit for NYC as well. He said it cost him a few thousand dollars and has to go through the renewal process every couple of years.

From Anthony's Twitter page...

Lucky bastard.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
^^^this type of elitist favoritism turns my stomach, but it also blows holes in any line of crap bloomberg and the other bleeding heart anti-2a politicians try to put out there to justify their ignorance of our rights. unfortunately, just because the double-standard and hypocrisy proves anything doesn't change matters...that being said, i'm glad mr. wolf (my first 'pulp fiction' reference that didnt involve a gimp) has his unrestricted. he's a man who gets things done!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke to an IO at 1 PP and a gun attorney and both say most likely not. IO even said that a person carrying more than 10 grand in cash a week has been turned down. Hopefully the next mayor is not such as A**

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I just obtained a permit to carry a large soda in NYC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts