New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Queens but my driver's license is in Nassau County at my girlfriend's address. I recently purchased a pump action 12 gauge from FFL dealer which is and will always be stored at her residence. The intent was for her to learn to shoot and have something for home defense. My question is what is the legality of a NYC resident purchasing and storing a rifle/shotgun outside of NYC without a permit

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm actually also curious about this. On the surface it seems perfectly legal as long as it's not brought into a jurisdiction that is illegal. Searching online comes up with conflicting answers. What about someone in NYS who has a family or summer home in another state that is more free. Can they purchase say an unmodified AR-15 and leave it at their second / summer / family's home in that free state? Or would it be illegal because they live in NYS? If so then I would assume since you live in Queens, but keep the gun at all times out of NYC, it should be ok. The laws are incredible ambiguous and confusing. Honestly, even the laws on how to transport firearms. I've asked so many different LEO's about the "legal" way to transport a gun to the range or hunting, since there is no document describing it from NYS, and you'd be shocked at how many different answer's Ive gotten that all conflict with each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts