New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know when the 90 day “clock” starts in nyc to be able to submit a new purchase authorization request? Does it start from when you purchase your last firearm or from the day it’s inspected and added to your license? Just picked up a new pistol and 1pp gave me a December appointment for an inspection. Between the 90 day wait to submit the paperwork, 2 month wait to get approved, 2 month wait to pick up the purchase authorization, and 3 months to get it inspected, I’m lucky if I can buy a new gun every year. I have to ask 1pp about the timeline, but curious if anyone has been through this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
thats a good question, i would like to know that myself. just got my approval and going to pick up permit this friday. i was a resident of nj until 2000 and would like to xfer my guns to nyc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
does anyone know when the 90 day “clock” starts in nyc to be able to submit a new purchase authorization request? Does it start from when you purchase your last firearm or from the day it’s inspected and added to your license? Just picked up a new pistol and 1pp gave me a December appointment for an inspection. Between the 90 day wait to submit the paperwork, 2 month wait to get approved, 2 month wait to pick up the purchase authorization, and 3 months to get it inspected, I’m lucky if I can buy a new gun every year. I have to ask 1pp about the timeline, but curious if anyone has been through this.
It should be the day after you registered your latest purchase.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i went to pick up my gun license today. i was also issued a purchase permit which is required for each hand gun. something i didnt know until today. the purchase permit has a 30 day expiration.

i also asked them about when the 90 days clock restarts and if i understood what was told to me, the clock restart when your previously gun you bought has been physically inspected by 1pp. so seeing that 1pp will schedule your inspections after they received all the paper from your purchase....youre really looking at a much longer period than 90 days of previous purchase

·
Registered
26 Posts
How hard is it to move to Westchester, Rockland, orange, Nassau, Suffolk?

That sucks and your money is just supporting it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts