New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just figured this would be helpful for everyone that is waiting for their licenses/ close to the 90 days for next pistol

Dropped my paperwork off directly to 1PP on 7/22.

I will let you know when I receive the letter in the mail to go back to pick up the authorization.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I mailed my last in on 7/17. Certified mail tracking # says it was delivered on 7/19. I got the usps return receipt in the mail on 8/7. I guess that means someone opened it. At least i know there is progress... Someone on LongIslandFirearms.com said they got their last one back in a little more than a month...

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have one sitting on my desk... but I'm really not sure what I want to pick up. I've long had my eyes on a HK USP but would also like a Thompson contender for hunting... and the Chiappa Rhino is awesome... but maybe a Beretta 92? or a glock... hah.

I should probably just mail it in and figure it out in the 10,000 days it will take to get my PA approval back :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I have one sitting on my desk... but I'm really not sure what I want to pick up. I've long had my eyes on a HK USP but would also like a Thompson contender for hunting... and the Chiappa Rhino is awesome... but maybe a Beretta 92? or a glock... hah.

I should probably just mail it in and figure it out in the 10,000 days it will take to get my PA approval back :)
1 of each! ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel your pain.
I went back and forth between 9mm and 45 so many times. I settled on the 9mm
I will simply wait another 90 days and submit for the 45.
That is of course unless I get a 22 pistol to shoot competitions at my range on the cheap
:)

@Phibes- Think they will mail ours out together??

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
@Phibes- Think they will mail ours out together??
I hope so, though it will be interesting to see if submitting in person moves yours along faster than mine. Though, I have to imagine they send out a bunch at once. So we will most likely be in the same batch. I'd love to know what takes them so long to basically send you a from letter.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was thinking about a .22 - the walther has really grabbed my attention. I've shot it a few times and do like it. if "one of each" was only so easy : )
ooo I like Walthers too! But I was thinking that if I get a .22 I'd go the Sig way - they have some great looking .22's - although never tried one. Decisions, decisions - if it weren't for those silly purchase authorizations, minds would be made up easier lol

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Got my approval letter for the purchase authorization today. Under a month too! I'm actually very surprised it came so fast...

timeline is:

7/17.....Mailed
7/19.....Certified mail tracking says delivered
8/7...... Return receipt received
8/15..... Approval letter dated 8/12 and postmarked 8/14

I love how you can't pick up the Purchase authorization on a friday... the waiting game will continue for a bit longer...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't get mine today :( oh well mine can't be too far behind. What are you purchasing this go round?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I didn't get mine today :( oh well mine can't be too far behind. What are you purchasing this go round?
Picking up a S&W m1917 that belonged to my grandfather. I''ll post some pics when i pick it up and give it a good cleaning.... Maybe yours will show up tomorrow ? you definitely can't be to far behind.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice revolver. Good luck with it.
I should probably head over to Westside today and order something that will show up fast. I wasn't expecting NYPD to turn the letter around so fast. Figured I had another 2-3 weeks. I'm leaning towards either Glock 17 or Sig 226 in 9mm.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went to westside this afternoon and left a deposit on a brand spanking new Glock 17. Now where's my frickin' letter?????? :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Weekend came and went with no letter. :(

Hopefully it shows up today :)

@Phibes when you heading down to pick yours up and get the inspection done?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
@Phibes when you heading down to pick yours up and get the inspection done?
I was going to go today to pick up the p.a, but opted for tomorrow instead. I'll need to take the day off work to pick up the pistol and do the inspection and work has been rather busy so i'm not sure if that can happen this week. I'm going to try and hustle to see if i can make it all happen in the next few days though.

Hang in there. its got to be coming soon. I'd be interested to see if you get it Thursday though... this current one and my last both came on Thursdays so I'm curious if there is something in their procedure that gets them signed on a Monday mailed on a Wednesday and to you by Thursday..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmmmmm Maybe they only mail out on certain days. Could explain why I didn't get it yet. I will keep you posted on when I get it. I do the same thing take a day and run back and forth like a madman. That's why I try to make purchases from the places in the city.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Starting the clock on mine today as it goes into the mail. new pistol will be here (at westside) next tuesday w/ paid deposit -- just need to wait for the paperwork. I'm hoping I get the phibes 1 month treatment ;D

1 - 20 of 233 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.