New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new to this forum (just found it today) and was hoping I could get some information. I'm 21 and am relatively new to handguns. Got my permit as soon as I could and picked up an H&K P2000 when all the required paperwork went through. Happy as a clam. Except for the whole living in NYC thing haha. In any case, I know there are very few ranges in the city (and I only have a premise permit so I can't leave the five boroughs) but they all seem to charge expensive annual memberships. Unfortunately I can't get around to shooting enough to justify spending close to half a grand to only go once a month. I understand however that the range in Nassau does not require an annual membership, but they are technically outside the city. Is there anyway to get permission to shoot there? I've read about a hunting authorization card, which I wouldn't really mind getting, but as I have no intention of hunting, it seems a bit silly. Nevertheless, any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Hey all, I'm new to this forum (just found it today) and was hoping I could get some information. I'm 21 and am relatively new to handguns. Got my permit as soon as I could and picked up an H&K P2000 when all the required paperwork went through. Happy as a clam. Except for the whole living in NYC thing haha. In any case, I know there are very few ranges in the city (and I only have a premise permit so I can't leave the five boroughs) but they all seem to charge expensive annual memberships. Unfortunately I can't get around to shooting enough to justify spending close to half a grand to only go once a month. I understand however that the range in Nassau does not require an annual membership, but they are technically outside the city. Is there anyway to get permission to shoot there? I've read about a hunting authorization card, which I wouldn't really mind getting, but as I have no intention of hunting, it seems a bit silly. Nevertheless, any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
I am upstate but if I were you I would call the club and ask them directly. I don't know any members there but this seems a good place to start with some basic training....

Nassau County Rifle & Pistol Range - Uniondale NY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts