New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes, looks like they expanded it compared to the one I got last year (attached below). Mine were all tube fed lever actions. (Marlins Winchesters and Brownings) Seems they laid out what you must do if removing from the city. Mine did not say that. Mine only said surrender them or have gunsmith permanently neuter them. I took them out anyway. They asked for the same notarized crap and utility bill. I sent after the fact. FUMB.

Font Parallel Rectangle Paper Number

·
Registered
236 Posts
It is as real as a heart attack. I got mine last March. My first rifle, a Marlin 39 Mountie 22LR legally owned since 1970, was banned, plus a bunch more. They are all tube fed lever actions, 22's 30-30's 44's etc. Marlin 39 and 336, Winny 92, 94, 9422 and Browning versions as well. They have been doing it slow and quiet so no uproar is created. I am looking at houses in PA this weekend. Gotta get out of this Marxist sh*thole.

·
Registered
690 Posts
It is as real as a heart attack. I got mine last March. My first rifle, a Marlin 39 Mountie 22LR legally owned since 1970, was banned, plus a bunch more. They are all tube fed lever actions, 22's 30-30's 44's etc. Marlin 39 and 336, Winny 92, 94, 9422 and Browning versions as well. They have been doing it slow and quiet so no uproar is created. I am looking at houses in PA this weekend. Gotta get out of this Marxist ****hole.
I've been looking in wind gap and stroudsburg just over the border. My AR is on vacation in Boyton Beach Florida

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've been looking in wind gap and stroudsburg just over the border. My AR is on vacation in Boyton Beach Florida
Me too, same area. I work in NJ so tax advantages too. Commute will be a bit longer, but I am three years from retiring, so I'll tough it out to live in a free state. My buddy took all his big collection of military style stuff out years ago. He built a house in PA due to NYC assault weapon ban.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I do alot of work in manhattan and decided I'm willing to drive to NJ and take the train from their. Commute wouldn't be much different then spending hour and a half or better in traffic from where I am now. Looking at it as being able to sit on a back porch and target shoot would be well worth it. The whole tax situation is just a bonus

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is a bunch of NYC transplants in Milford, Pa. 5 minute drive to Port Jervis, ny where you can catch the train to penn station. My buddy's got a pizza shop with nice NY style pies. Even gets his ingredients from Brooklyn. Haha but seriously this sucks. And to think I wanted nothing more than to live in the city.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I do alot of work in manhattan and decided I'm willing to drive to NJ and take the train from their. Commute wouldn't be much different then spending hour and a half or better in traffic from where I am now. Looking at it as being able to sit on a back porch and target shoot would be well worth it. The whole tax situation is just a bonus
I see a lot of these NYC companies hightailing it out of there, even though many of them are run by modern day commie Bolsheviks. When it comes to their money, all of a sudden they're on board with fiscal conservatism, due to Adolf De Blasio hating people that work for a living. I give that city 3 years max before it returns to Dinkins era status.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Further proof that registration leads to confiscation. It may not be immediate, but it is coming.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Surprised to hear (or read) no one has contacted legal counsel and fought this. It was my understanding that the government couldn't require you to turn in previously legally owned property without due and fair compensation (fair market value).

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
There is a bunch of NYC transplants in Milford, Pa. 5 minute drive to Port Jervis, ny where you can catch the train to penn station. My buddy's got a pizza shop with nice NY style pies. Even gets his ingredients from Brooklyn. Haha but seriously this sucks. And to think I wanted nothing more than to live in the city.
Matamoras is where I'd like to go. Milford traffic gets a bit congested on the main strip. Why would you ever want to live in NYC though lol? Nothing good there. AT ALL!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.