New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and I need help, I'm looking to get FFL3 C&R in NYC, I don't know where to begin, all I want to do is collect old weapons (long guns), I tried calling NYPD, tried calling ATF (they dont know the laws, I'm responsible), tried google and I can't find anything regarding NYC laws for Curios & Relics FFL, could someone give me some pointers/information? Am I even allowed to apply for it in NYC?
Thank you

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm new here and I need help, I'm looking to get FFL3 C&R in NYC, I don't know where to begin, all I want to do is collect old weapons (long guns), I tried calling NYPD, tried calling ATF (they dont know the laws, I'm responsible), tried google and I can't find anything regarding NYC laws for Curios & Relics FFL, could someone give me some pointers/information? Am I even allowed to apply for it in NYC?
Thank you
You would need to start in person at 1 Police Plaza in ? Brooklyn I believe, spend a boat load of money on fees, lawyers, bribes, and kickbacks, then you get to wait for your denial.

You would be better off moving up 2 counties above the NYC line. I don’t think its a plausible operation with the political climate at present. Its almost impossible to get a Concealed Carry Permit in one of the boros, and its been like that for years and years. Do you have a high ranking government connection?

I wish you luck. Really, I’m pretty sure you need to start at 1Police Plaza in person.

...Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would need to start in person at 1 Police Plaza in ? Brooklyn I believe, spend a boat load of money on fees, lawyers, bribes, and kickbacks, then you get to wait for your denial.

You would be better off moving up 2 counties above the NYC line. I don’t think its a plausible operation with the political climate at present. Its almost impossible to get a Concealed Carry Permit in one of the boros, and its been like that for years and years. Do you have a high ranking government connection?

I wish you luck. Really, I’m pretty sure you need to start at 1Police Plaza in person.

...Ron
I wish I had any government connections 🤣
I finally got through to long rifle issuing officer and he advised that I can apply, but still every gun will have to be registered and one every 90 days only. We’ll see how that goes. I can’t believe nobody in NYC is actually collecting, there have to be people who just want to collect antique guns legally. That’s what the point of c&R ffl is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wish I had any government connections 🤣
I finally got through to long rifle issuing officer and he advised that I can apply, but still every gun will have to be registered and one every 90 days only. We’ll see how that goes. I can’t believe nobody in NYC is actually collecting, there have to be people who just want to collect antique guns legally. That’s what the point of c&R ffl is.
Nah. Not in NYC.

If you don't have political connects, best you're gonna get is the bog standard permit, be it pistols or long guns. Those permits will cost you hundreds of dollars, and will be revoked if you sneeze in a way the NYPD doesn't like.

If you go for the standard permit, expect a more rigorous interview and background check than a government secret clearance. You will sign away all your PII, or you won't get your permit.

If you want a C&R FFL, your best decision is to buy a place in PA to do your collecting and commute. It'll be cheaper, easier, and far less stressful. You won't have to widen your asshole to do it either, they're far more realistic about second amendment rights.

I'd restrict your NYC permit to guns you intend to use in defense of your home. Otherwise, find somewhere else to keep them.

·
Registered
8 Posts

...Ron
1 Police Plaza is in Manhattan. It's for Handguns.

Rifle/Shotgun is in Kew Gardens. Queens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah. Not in NYC.

If you don't have political connects, best you're gonna get is the bog standard permit, be it pistols or long guns. Those permits will cost you hundreds of dollars, and will be revoked if you sneeze in a way the NYPD doesn't like.

If you go for the standard permit, expect a more rigorous interview and background check than a government secret clearance. You will sign away all your PII, or you won't get your permit.

If you want a C&R FFL, your best decision is to buy a place in PA to do your collecting and commute. It'll be cheaper, easier, and far less stressful. You won't have to widen your asshole to do it either, they're far more realistic about second amendment rights.

I'd restrict your NYC permit to guns you intend to use in defense of your home. Otherwise, find somewhere else to keep them.
Thank you for your response, NYC is ridiculous :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts