Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,568 Posts
Is this possibly the issue?

Question 11.i. Definition of Misdemeanor Crime of Domestic Violence:
A
Federal, State, local, or tribal offense that is a misdemeanor under Federal, State,
or tribal law and has, as an element, the use or attempted use of physical force, or
the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former spouse,
parent, or guardian of the victim, by a person with whom the victim shares a
child in common, by a person who is cohabitating with, or has cohabited with
the victim as a spouse, parent, or guardian, or by a person similarly situated to
a spouse, parent, or guardian of the victim. The term includes all misdemeanors
that have as an element the use or attempted use of physical force or the
threatened use of a deadly weapon
(e.g., assault and battery)
, if the offense is
committed by one of the defined parties.
(See Exception to 11.c. and 11.i.)
A
person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence also
is not prohibited unless: (1) the person was represented by a lawyer or gave up
the right to a lawyer; or (2) if the person was entitled to a jury, was tried by a jury,
or gave up the right to a jury trial. Persons subject to this exception should
answer
"no"
to 11.i.

· Registered
3,568 Posts
I wasn't trying to imply a big conspiracy, I was just wondering what percentage of the people who have submitted registration forms have actually been registered. Someone pointed out that filling out the form and submitting it doesn't mean you're all registered and good to go. So then I can't help but wonder how many people who thought they were set are going to be surprised to have the police show up like the OP of this thread.

The OP passed federal background checks and (like most people would) assumed that meant he would be good to go for SAFE registration. Unless the state has dedicated more resources to processing SAFE registrations than they have to the ammo background check system, doing the SAFE background checks isn't going to be a speedy process. This could be the first of many people who get caught by surprise.
Agree - they are on a witch hunt for any miniscule excuse to deny registrations and take firearms. I'm thinking this will happen again as they probably haven't processed everything.

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.