1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Link?

·
Registered
564 Posts
its been dead for years as far as I can tell. I have been there longer then here. That one stinks

·
Registered
435 Posts
That site was started by a guy who was banned from here for being an ass.

It's a half-assed attempt to be what this site is but comes up embarrassingly short.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
..Are we talking about NYshooter1?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I find it just about identical to this site but with half the traffic which could be a good or bad thing depending on your point of view.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Yeah I actually thought this was about me. Thought the cat was out of the bag or something. Jeez Louise. At least it has nothing to do with me. Nice James.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Funny it looks like the last post on the site from anyone was on 2-2012! So it's dead?

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Its the one where everyone's mailbox is always full!
Funny! You try handling my PM load. Plus I got that whole day job thing.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I had actually gound that site before this one a couple years ago. Its fairly slow and once I found this forum I could immediately tell this was the best ny forum out there.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Just went over there, quite a lot of new postings. Same type of info as here. We sound smarter though. Seems like we have much better conversations. And we have the real NYShooter.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
I must have searched wrong then, the posts I saw were not any newer than Feb 2012. But I still like this one. This is my main site. I think it's great.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just went over there, quite a lot of new postings. Same type of info as here. We sound smarter though. Seems like we have much better conversations. And we have the real NYShooter.
95% of the members there are from here... some just use different names.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I'm not even sure I should leave this thread up, as speaking that forums name is a "banned feature" here ..heh
Really, it is. The name of that site is in the profanity filter here, as the owners of this site don't wish to give them any free advertising.

Seriously though, most of their common posters are people who have gotten themselves banned from here. Whenever we have what I would consider to be a "major" ban, as in a perm ban on someone who has been given many warnings and short term bans but finally breaks the camel's back by doing something too screwed up to forgive.. anyway, you can almost always find that person making an intro post over there with completely ridiculous lies about why they were banned from here and what horrible treatment they received here from the staff. Then the rest of them pat the guy on the back with comments about how they "know how we are" over here. It's a known joke for us.

I don't know what the original problem was between the owner of that forum and the owner here. I go back enough to remember him on this site, but it was well before my time as a mod. No idea what it was about and I don't want to know. It's none of my business.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts