New York Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Good thing the pooooleeece don't read many gun forums, lots of comments could be construed as made by unstable individuals, just sayin'.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Any doctor or nurse that reports their patient is violating Hippa and could be sued on a federal level as soon as they report them to the state, when they follow state law. Now thats common sense NYS law !
Not true, release of the information that Cuomo mandated is allowed under HIPAA law. Go look it up.

Permitted Uses and Disclosures
Serious Threat to Health or Safety. Covered entities may disclose protected health information that they believe is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to a person or the public, when such disclosure is made to someone they believe can prevent or lessen the threat (including the target of the threat). Covered entities may also disclose to law enforcement if the information is needed to identify or apprehend an escapee or violent criminal.[SUP]40[/SUP]

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Good thing the pooooleeece don't read many gun forums, lots of comments could be construed as made by unstable individuals, just sayin'.
Exactly. How about any dissent being interpreted as *paranoid*.
Preppers? - obsessive compulsive disorder to hoard.
Right wingers? - Obssessive intolerance to common sense behavior.
Anger at doctors for bad treatment or malpractice ? - get the meds and call the feds.
Protesters? - Anti social behavior and anger management require detention and forced institutionalization.

Should I go on??

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Do you own any guns?

Why?

Because my form says I need to ask.

None of your business if I do or don't.

(Doctor checks YES)

There's really no winning unless you say NO.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Exactly. How about any dissent being interpreted as *paranoid*.
Preppers? - obsessive compulsive disorder to hoard.
Right wingers? - Obssessive intolerance to common sense behavior.
Anger at doctors for bad treatment or malpractice ? - get the meds and call the feds.
Protesters? - Anti social behavior and anger management require detention and forced institutionalization.

Should I go on??
T shirts with dumb **** written on them.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
The medical profession will have their day in court before this is over also, wrong on so many different angles.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
don't forget, pediatricians ask your kids about firearms in the home as well. prep them for questions, and arm them with proper responses!

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Whereas Cuomo is a self proclaimed shotgun owner I hope his doctor subjects him to a mental health evaluation for our safety. I would certainly say his behavior is eratic and strange.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Do you own any guns?
Why?
Because my form says I need to ask.
None of your business if I do or don't.
(Doctor checks YES)
There's really no winning unless you say NO.
So...just say "no." When you speak to your doctor, you are not sworn in and forced to give legally binding testimony.

If I see a patient for a routine medical issue, I don't see any reason to ask about firearms as a general practice. I have not read any studies that prove that such questioning is efficacious. In the U.S., we are supposed to practice evidence-based medicine (based on empiric data). So, until there is proof that such a line of questioning is useful from a personal, or public, health perspective I will not participate with such record keeping. A "request" or "demand" by a politician cannot be substituted for good judgement or scientific evidence.

I've discussed firearms with many patients (LEOs, included). Those discussions have never become part of my medical records.

I am NOT an agent of the state. An edict by a politician does not constitute an ethically binding imperative to me. Government, local or otherwise, was never mentioned in the oaths I took.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
So you guys are in favor of arming people who threaten others or themselves?
It also inudes conduct thay could harm self or others. Sorry but this laws discriminates people who are into alternative lifestyles.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
psychiatry and psychology client / patient confidentiality? forget about it.. it is now gone. Want to consult with a marriage counselor? think again.

Need counseling? think again. Hyppocrates Oath? forget about it - confidentiality is gone, anything you say can be held against you.

Trouble sleeping and prescription pills? forget about it - you can be a danger to society.

Pain killers for people with chronic pain due to physical ailments? forget about it - your a danger to society.

Your wife and kids with any of the above? house raid and confiscation of all guns.

Just like NAZI germany, now NYS just legalized snitching on anyone to be reported to the *mental health Gestapo*

and Cuomo does this as he defunds mental health in NYS.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Gone? Nothing has has really changed except a change from "may" report to "shall" report
Exactly. That means hyppocrates Oath and patient confidentiality / hippa laws *gone*.
No guarantee to confidentiality = no confidentiality guaranteed.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
There was never a guarantee to begin with. This information was always reportable, it was never protected by HIPAA. Go look it up (again)

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Permitted Uses and Disclosures
Serious Threat to Health or Safety. Covered entities may disclose protected health information that they believe is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to a person or the public, when such disclosure is made to someone they believe can prevent or lessen the threat (including the target of the threat). Covered entities may also disclose to law enforcement if the information is needed to identify or apprehend an escapee or violent criminal.[SUP]40[/SUP]

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If your lifestyle can harm me it's not "alternative" it's criminal.
So people who spar or box belong i jail then?
Im talking about consenting adults.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts