New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Puked in my mouth! This from a retired LEO?

The NY SAFE Act is one reason New York has the fourth-lowest gun death rate in the nation, a remarkable fact for a state of 20 million that hosts 80 million visitors each year. Our laws continue to save lives and serve as a reasonable model for the rest of the country.

NY SAFE Act is a real lifesaver - The Observation Deck

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Idiot

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Glad I never had a need to work for that idiot!

Have an opinion, that's fine. We all have them. We do not always agree on each others' ideas and thoughts and that's okay. What most of us talk about is our OPINIONS! Not facts, back your facts up!

From the Article:

As a career police officer trained and qualified in the use of assault rifles, let’s be clear that what Flynn refers to as “cosmetic features” do indeed increase a weapon’s lethality.

Lethality is measured in three areas; ballistic effectiveness is but one. The other two are efficiency and efficacy. They are commonly ignored or intentionally not mentioned in this discussion. It is in these two areas that the assault rifle excels at it purpose of killing the most people in the shortest time possible. Mikhail Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47, and our military included them in their designs for this reason.

Efficacy is the capacity to produce an effect. Okay, every gun has the ability to produce an effect.

Efficiency is basically the effectiveness of something.

Nearly none of the features will make a person better with said gun.

Pistol Grip, Nope. I can shoot guns without them the same or better.

Flash Suppressor, Nope! I can hit my target with or without one just the same.

Adjustable Stock, Nope. Once I adjust the gun to fit me, stays in the same spot all the time.
(Kind of like when I drive a car for the first time, I adjust the seat only once)

I have been training on what some would call Assault Rifles for more than half of my life. Granted, in the Military, we NEVER called them AW's! It was not the features that made the gun better than others, it was training and practice. I know some who are way more lethal with a bolt action than most with a AR.

This guy is an Idiot! Let me guess, he supports the 2A, but...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts

The NY SAFE Act is one reason New York has the fourth-lowest gun death rate in the nation, a remarkable fact for a state of 20 million that hosts 80 million visitors each year. Our laws continue to save lives and serve as a reasonable model for the rest of the country.

Blaming laws for trends which already occurred before the laws. That makes sense. That's like saying it was sunny today because it is legal for the sun to come out. No relevance to anything.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just an other moron with a useless opinion. Its amazing how such idiots are spreading total untrue garbage. Its amazing they even print or put crap like that up.

·
Registered
407 Posts
He is the guy running for NYS Assembly. Is an ACLU member of some sort and appeared at the last Monroe county SCOPE meeting. From the news lately in in Rochester, he should do something about all the ex-cons committing crimes of all sorts rather than waste time with the technical details of guns.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Thank you. I didn't realize that.

So he's not just a cretin but an ex-cop who's not satisfied with his 100k a year pension and free healthcare for life, he hasn't apparently exacted enough blood from the taxpayers just yet.

So he's offering his astounding intellect to the taxpayers by occupying an assembly seat, taking another pension, and hitting taxpayers for another 130k a year.

Ebola can't infect this place fast enough.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts

first off this guy Pudup is an ass . He is " retired " because of his little side visits with another sherrifs wife so his consensus of NY safe should be taken very lately ! Between him andHap from the Buff news , both of them are " mentally ill " and should be banned from making any statements regarding anything government does . They should even be banned from voting as they a little twisted . Soi take everything that they write "with a shaker of salt " so I stay out of the picture ! There that's my belief about their statements !

·
Registered
446 Posts
He is the guy running for NYS Assembly. Is an ACLU member of some sort and appeared at the last Monroe county SCOPE meeting. From the news lately in in Rochester, he should do something about all the ex-cons committing crimes of all sorts rather than waste time with the technical details of guns.
Thought his last name sounded familiar, he's a pud alright...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well there you go now the agenda comes out. Another wantabeee politician lying so how can a guy like this be elected for anything when he shows he's full of crap right out of the gate.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Well there you go now the agenda comes out. Another wantabeee politician lying so how can a guy like this be elected for anything when he shows he's full of crap right out of the gate.
The same way crackhead mayors can get re-elected....the sheep just don't care.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just emailed the contact address from his website Contact | Elect Gary Pudup this. I also will post it on his facebook pages; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gary-Pudup/897692630245338
https://www.facebook.com/GaryPudup?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008233238004&fref=ts:

Feel free to share the piss out of my factual data showing the contradiction to his opinion.

I wont even get into the conceptual thinking of how a pistol grip and adjustable stock somehow manage to kill more people vs the exact same rifle with a "NYS compliant" stock which is legal as per the safeact. Although I would love to hear your explanation on that however its still opinion, and I am emailing you asking for facts, not opinion.

That being said, please cite your source for "ny is the 4th lowest gun death rate in the nation" because of the Safeact. The only source I could find to fact check you was from the FBI page where it says in 2012 (2013 is still in prelim) NY had 407 firearm murders, which is actually 6th from the WORST in the nation. 358 murders were with handguns, and only 11 were rifles. As you know the SafeAct's main intention was NOT to regulate handguns and their three areas of lethality how you put it. Its intention as you know and stated in your response to Tim Flynn, the Safe Act is regulating the "assault weapon's", or commonly known as a rifle to people not using them for combative purposes. So, for every 32.5 murders with a handgun, one was committed with a rifle, and for the benefit of the doubt I will assume every "rifle" murder was using an "assault weapon", just so I can try to understand Cuomo's logic, and yours here. It simply doesn't even statistically seem like a worthwhile endeavor to target semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines and a few cosmetic features, when they MIGHT contribute to such a sliver of a statistic. But maybe your sources are more accurate than mine here, please enlighten me. Just a fun fact while we are both looking over my statistic, more than 2 times the number of murders were committed using HANDS AND FISTS than rifles!

FBI - Table 20

Secondly I would like you to back up your opinion as you say "our laws (implies SafeAct) continue to save lives..." Logically this means, we have arrested many would be murders across the state and tried them in a court of law after they were arrested with SafeAct felonies, and removed them from public exposure. Please cite a source showing how many SafeAct arrests and sentences have gone on in this state since its inception 2 years ago. Since you said the SafeAct is one reason you think NY has the 4th lowest gun death rate in the nation I assume you can share the facts from which you cast that opinion.

I thank you for your time, and look forward to your response. if this is the incorrect medium to contact you to see the answers please let me know what that avenue may be.

thanks
Concerned NYS Citizen.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
The SafeAct is responsible for increased global warming though. Is the trade off in lives worth it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
ya it is working so well we just had another shooting in the city of Rochester sunday 3am then someone did a hit & run @@@Mabe we should ban cars andy boy FUAC That tax relief check is going towards a u haul to get out of this damn state!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts