New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we possibly start a thread/sticky that list pro-gun attorney's throughout the state where people could turn to for advice? If anyone knows anyone or has a recommendation, is it proper to list their contact info and office county/city in a public forum like this where people could more easily locate someone appropriate for their specific needs?

This is sort of a follow up to the thread listed below where I think some very sound advice was given.

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-politics/11630-wheres-best-place-get-legal-advice.html

·
Registered
249 Posts
Murtha & Murtha, in Babylon, Long Island.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well you can put myself and one of my colleagues up--

David Jensen
Duane Morris LLP
744 Broad St., Ste. 1200
Newark, NJ 07102
[pm me for email]
Constitutional and civil rights law; civil litigation pertaining to firearms; federal regulations

Robert Fiorriolo
Duane Morris LLP
New York, NY
Similar to above -- has handled a lot of Art. 78 proceedings (challenges to license determinations) and represented fish and game clubs

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any one know of pro gun attorneys in Orange County to add to this list? I think it may be a good idea to carry thier card. The outcome of all the confusing laws on the books makes criminals out of innocent people more than they deter criminals from possessing firearms. Knowing the phone # of firearms attorney is a must.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
This is like asking for pro-murder attorneys. As long as you can afford one, they'll represent you for just about anything as they're usually paid by the hour.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
This is like asking for pro-murder attorneys. As long as you can afford one, they'll represent you for just about anything as they're usually paid by the hour.
But you want someone familiar with gun laws. Lawyers all have an area of expertise. I'd want one that knows their gun stuff representing me if I ever needed one for that reason.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I can personally vouch for Patrick Megaro as a pro-2A attorney on a personal and professional level. I have assisted him with several cases as a process server. He's a member of the NY Guard and avid firearm enthusiast and licensed in NY, NJ and FL.

Patrick M. Megaro
1LT JA NYG
CDR A CO
TF-1411

Law Office of Patrick Michael Megaro, Esq.
626 RXR Plaza
6th Floor, West Tower
Uniondale, New York 11556
(o) 516-317-6660
(f) 866-617-7442

47-03Bell Boulevard
First Floor
Bayside, New York 11361
(o) 516-317-6660
(f) 866-617-7442

www.patrickmichaelmegaro.com

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Sheldon and I are working on a resource for this too. Gathering names of PRO gun (not just opportunistic) Legal peoples that fully support the 2A and will work to help make our choice of lifestyle, sport, and collections easier to get, have, and maintain.

More to come

·
Registered
249 Posts
OK. Question ... Is an attorney who is personally pro 2A necessarily a Pro 2A attorney?

If I ever neede one, I'd like to know my attorney was well studied in 2A matters, not that he/she shoots on the weekends.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sheldon and I are working on a resource for this too. Gathering names of PRO gun (not just opportunistic) Legal peoples that fully support the 2A and will work to help make our choice of lifestyle, sport, and collections easier to get, have, and maintain.

More to come
Sheldon seems like a good guy and lawyer. I told him to check out this site. Hope to see him as a member.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Sheldon now has a dedicated website:

Gun Attorney

Another good resource

1 - 20 of 79 Posts