New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huge section on pro guns thoughts from people in NYC and locally (near me) from Troy NY. Everyone says that the lax prison time and allowing repeat offenders out of jail with minmal time served is the root of the problem not guns. Someone acknowledged that if guns were banned in all of the US thugs would get them from out of the country. Pretty simple logic from the common folk. Another said that the death penalty should be reinstated to deter gun killings of police officers, not a bad idea, though their life is as valueable as mine, so it should be for all, not just cop killers. In Tuesdays Dail News a retired NYC cop said he arrested over 60 people with illegal handguns during his tenure and only 5% ever did time for it. And they wonder why they continue to have problems down there. Bloomberg is such a jerk.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have no problem with some people owning "illegal" handguns. As long as you're not planning to do wrong with it.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
^ I believe he means you shouldn't need a permit just to own a handgun because a permit app is just a long drawn out background check. Plus the 2A says you can own one don't need NYS or a judge saying you can.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong IDF.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
^ I believe he means you shouldn't need a permit just to own a handgun because a permit app is just a long drawn out background check. Plus the 2A says you can own one don't need NYS or a judge saying you can.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong IDF.
That is correct. If you purchase an "illegal" handgun to rob a store. Bad. If you purchase an "illegal" handgun to sit in your dresser incase of a home invasion. Not bad.

·
Registered
396 Posts
???? Illegal is illegal. That is like saying an illegal alien can cross the border in Texas if he wants to sell drugs, but can not come across if he is going to rob a bank. I do not have the answer for solving all the gun laws, but to be honest anyone that owns a gun and is a responsible person knows 5 people that should NOT have a firearm in their possession. Has to be some kind of check and balance if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
It might be illegal according to NYS law but NYS law is illegal to the constitution.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
and women voting WAS illegal. and certain people sitting in the front of the bus WAS illegal. the law isn't always right. and the law can change at any time. one day you're a felon the next day you're not? my brother got his handgun permit in 2 1/2 months because of connections. ted kennedy gets drunk and kills a girl and lived a great life afterwards. illegal is not illegal. the law is a game just like any other.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Again today, more letters to the NY Post 7 of 8 pro gun and anti Bloomberg, except one person who compared gun mfg's to cigarette mfgs, the only reason to hae them is to kill, this is positive stuff guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts