New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need pinned/welded brakes or comps because they don't want us to be able to put on a silencer, but they don't have a problem with a muzzle device being threaded on the outside to be able to accept a silencer?

Also not really related to it but how do you pin a Magpul UBR?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
We need pinned/welded brakes or comps because they don't want us to be able to put on a silencer, but they don't have a problem with a muzzle device being threaded on the outside to be able to accept a silencer?
Actually I would think they do. Welding to on the the barrel making it part of the barrel, and now you have a "threaded barrel."

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just looking at a YHM Phantom quick detach brake and the thing said it was legal in all states to own.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
It's legal to own any type of break in NY.

The problem is when it becomes the second evil feature on a post ban AR.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Brakes are fine, as are compensators AFA 'evil' is concerned.
Flash supressors on the other hand are a big no~no.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Darth is right

Perm fixing a brake even, with threads on the outside for a can would make for a threaded barrel in NYS.

Any muzzle device is fine on a Preban however

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
And a threaded portion on a front sight or gas block that surrounds the barrel

This is what happens when you let paniced and clueless and paniced clueless sheep do knee jerk legislation, stupidity for all

·
Registered
725 Posts
This is what happens when you let paniced and clueless and paniced clueless sheep do knee jerk legislation, stupidity for all
Similar to what NYC did at my job. One of the engineers had a brain fart and left a multi meter set on amps and tried to test voltage. Yep shorted across the buss and burnt his hands pretty bad. Cities solution. . . . . remove all electrical test equipment and put out a memo that forbids the engineers from working on anything electrical. We are on a ship in the middle of the harbor it's not like we can wait and call an electrician.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts