New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Smith and Wesson M&P15 OR and want to buy magazines for it. Can you all list a Few that are legal? I went to purchase a 10 mag from a site and they said I can order them because I live in NY. I also read somewhere on here I can buy pre-ban 30 rounders, which I would prefer. Can someone post a link for those too. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
First welcome

There are some pre-ban mags for sale in the accessories for sale section. Any mags that are not pre-ban are not legal in NY since there is a 10 rd magazine capacity.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
I wonder if the site's shipping info was complex enough to realize you're in Rochester. Isn't there a capacity limit lower than 10rds (unless pre-ban) in the city of Rochester?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I wonder if the site's shipping info was complex enough to realize you're in Rochester. Isn't there a capacity limit lower than 10rds (unless pre-ban) in the city of Rochester?
Rochester has a 5 rd limit on semi auto rifles similar to NYC's limit. (except NYC is every gun)

·
Registered
913 Posts
There are a lot of pre bans for sale on the site. If you want some more info send me a pm. Also if you do a lot of bench shooting or prone I reccomend 20 round pre ban mags. I have 6 of them for sale and would give you a better deal that what I have listed. If interested post in the thread and I'll get back to you. Enjoy your ar. There are unlimited possibilities.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
As long as it is an ar15/m16 mag it should work in your gun

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Love those allstar mags. Hope they start selling five rounders. I think there is a market for quality ones as they always appear to be difficult to find for a good price.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Thx. I've used them before for others. Might as well quit putting off the five round mag purchase. Going to get pinned thirty rounders.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
^ CDNN has CHEAP mags. Have them shipped to friend/family in CT, pin them in CT bring them into NY.

I did that with some 20rd mags. I also have a ton of 30 rd mags sitting in my friends house in CT just for when I go shooting over there.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Love those allstar mags. Hope they start selling five rounders. I think there is a market for quality ones as they always appear to be difficult to find for a good price.
yeah would be nice if they make 5 rounders... Need some good ones for hunting

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Rochester has a 5 rd limit on semi auto rifles similar to NYC's limit. (except NYC is every gun)
Can you reference the law that says that?

I know BUFFALO is strict. NOT so sure about Rochester. And if it IS true, I'm sure it's the CITY of Rochester, not the surrounding area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts