New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
20,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) votes 'no' to second amendment rights

On February 26, 2009 the United States Senate voted on a bill that would restore the second amendment rights of the citizens of Washington DC. Although the bill passed, Kirsten Gillibrand, supposed pro-gun representative, voted no. Charles Schumer (D-NY) also voted no but that is no surprise.
The voting record for the bill can be seen [...]

http://www.nyfirearms.com/blog/2009/03/kirsten-gillibrand-d-ny-votes-no-to-second-amendment-rights/

· Registered
743 Posts
Re: NY Firearms: Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) votes ‘no’ to second amendment ri

nyfirearms said:
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) votes ‘no’ to second amendment rights

On February 26, 2009 the United States Senate voted on a bill that would restore the second amendment rights of the citizens of Washington DC. Although the bill passed, Kirsten Gillibrand, supposed pro-gun representative, voted no. Charles Schumer (D-NY) also voted no but that is no surprise.
The voting record for the bill can be seen [...]

http://www.nyfirearms.com/blog/2009/03/kirsten-gillibrand-d-ny-votes-no-to-second-amendment-rights/
I had already heard that she was beginning to flip-flop on 2nd Amendment rights. More worried about getting re-elected than doing her job... Oh well, so much for her...

· Registered
450 Posts
Re: NY Firearms: Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) votes 'no' to second amendment ri

FrankRochester said:
Oh well, so much for her...
Yup. To bad to. It would have been nice to have something to admire about a democrat.

RalphXL

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Re: NY Firearms: Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) votes ‘no’ to second amendment rights

I'd like to be able to ask her why she voted no. Could be something like "because more guns will mean more killing" or she could have some other reason. Maybe she thinks the federal government should stay out of changing local laws in Washington DC. I know it's a stretch but I'd like to hear it and there hasn't been a press release about it on her senate web page. I was going to email her office and ask, hoping for a canned response with her reasoning, but her senate web page doesn't have a form to send her a message like some of the other senators.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.