New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this on usacarry.

Good afternoon,

I am an attorney in Western New York. Andrew Cuomo's proposed ban on 10 round magazine with no grandfather clause constitutes a ex post facto law and is therefore a prima facie violation of the Constitution. We need to get a class action suit together.

If this bill passes, I'd like any and all affected gun owners who want to challenge this law to contact me.

(This is not a business/advertising post)

I responded and this is what he sent back to me:

Thanks Jeff! My name is Jim Tresmond, I'm an attorney in Buffalo, New York. My telephone number is 716.202.4301

I have successfully represented clients in the past on Second Amendment issues in NYS Supreme Court. This case is pro-bono for all the gun owners of New York.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Now that I am done calling state legislators I think we all need to give this guy a call and get the challenges rolling!

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I am in too, although I may be leaving for a free state soon.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
As of now I just have his phone number. If you are a member of usacarry you can pm him. His member name is JDT.
If you can get his email address, I know a lot of gun owners that would be willing to jump on this bandwagon.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you can get his email address, I know a lot of gun owners that would be willing to jump on this bandwagon.
I just pm'd him. As soon as I hear back I will post it. When I told him I wanted to post on this site, this was his response.

Yes please let everyone know that I intend to challenge this law and that anyone who is adversely affected by the law (i.e., anyone who is in possession of a magazine that can hold more than 7 rounds) should contact me. I am doing this case pro bono.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Too bad we cannot get everyone who voted for this crap arrested for Treason.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Too bad we cannot get everyone who voted for this crap arrested for Treason.
If only we could organize every gun owner in the state to arm up and remove these scumbags from office. We live in a sad state where all the armed people can get steamrolled by the unarmed... Perhaps we are too civil for our own good.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Lawyer : Jim Tresmond, Attorney in Buffalo, New York. Attorney phone is 716.202.4301

Successfully represented clients in the past on Second Amendment issues in NYS Supreme Court. This case is pro-bono for all the gun owners of New York.

According to Mr. Tresmond the new ban is illegal as it is an ex-facto law taking away previously owned property and he intends to file this action in Federal Court.

We are looking for as many as possible to add to CLASS ACTION CASE:

SEND Your Name and EMAIL ADDRESS and phone number to:

[email protected]

WE ARE COLLECTING AS MANY AS POSSIBLE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!!!​

1 - 20 of 109 Posts