New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am out of State in Alabama, I plan to stop in local gun stores to see if I can acquire some 22 LR .

I will be flying home via US AIR and there policy is 11 lbs per traveler in checked baggage. on the way home I have a stop over in Charlote NC with a final destination of Newark NJ . I am a resident of NY Am I allowed to bring home ammo, What if I chose to ship it home .

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
guess what....

mail it! save the aggravation.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I found some, only a 525 pack , Walmart out and only going to sell 22 on Saturdays . I also found a fez ex place nearby for shipping I hope I can find more

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
FYI look for academy stores they seem to have plenty 22 lr ammo in their stores . They are almost as plentiful as walmart .

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You found some .22LR you say? Go ahead and mail it to me and I can hang on to it for you!
You know ,Years ago I used to walk into wall mart and pick a 550 pack of Remington every friday night for my son to run thru his sig mosquito during our sunday range visit and by the end of the visit the box was empty. I am not sure how I would be able to get my kids started in shooing these days with this 22 shortage

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hear you. Many people I know come to me and ask me to teach their kids how to shoot because they know I have experience in teaching proper firearms use and safety. .22lr was the core tool I used in which to teach. It's really difficult nowadays. Hopefully it gets better in the near future. Good luck in your ammo hunt!

·
Registered
324 Posts
lol I wouldn't come to ny for 22 ammo, if ya find some let me know where,

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
put it in your checked bags and save the shipping money. ammo in your checked bags is perfectly legal and it is as normal as shampoo.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I see all these suggestions to "mail it". Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a federal offense to ship live ammunition via the US Postal Service?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts