New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Judge Reserves Decision in Nguyen Case
By: YNN Staff

The woman accused of providing guns to a convicted felon who later used them in a deadly shooting last year, appeared in federal court this morning.Dawn Nguyen is charged with knowingly making a false statement in connection with the purchase of firearms for William Spengler. Spengler killed two firefighters, injured two others and also set his house on fire December 24th in Webster.
Dawn Nguyen faces state and federal charges in connection with the alleged gun sale to Spengler. During her last court appearance, her attorney asked the judge to dismiss the charges because he said they are non-specific and vague. The judge today reserved motions to dismiss the case. There was also a motion to suppress statements made by Nguyen to police following her arrest.
The judge reserved decision for a hearing scheduled for September 4th.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dismiss it, Not specific enough! She bought guns for him, lied on the forms, how cut and dry is this! our tax dollars still paying for just to reserver motion! How bout Guilty, Sentence, DONE..Locked up.

No wonder these criminals do this stuff. so far nothing with this case. Want to dismiss her words to police! My goodness.
I just cant beleive we are still farting around with this?!

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Why are people so surprised that court cases take this long?

The D&C story is much better. Parrinelo basically got his ass handed to him today and his client got to feel a little heat from the fire fighters.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Marian Payson reserved judgment on those questions as well as whether the search warrant used to obtain her phone records was too broad, but she sounded disinclined to rule in Parrinello's favor, citing case law that supported the charges.Parrinello also made several requests for more specific information from the prosecution: who paid to buy the guns at Gander Mountain in 2010; when Nguyen allegedly gave them to Spengler; and when she allegedly used marijuana.
Prosecutor Bret Puscheck parried the requests, saying they asked for more specifics than he was required to provide before the case goes to trial. Payson seemed to agree and dismissed several of Parrinello's motions related to the document discovery process while reserving broader judgment.
A hearing is scheduled for Sept. 4 on the admissibility of statements Nguyen made to law enforcement Dec. 24.
Scardino and other representatives of the West Webster Fire Department were in attendance as usual, and before the hearing began, Scardino found himself sitting next to Nguyen.
Nguyen's stepfather and sister then arrived and inserted themselves in between the two. It ended with three firefighters and three Nguyen family members wedged cheek-by-jowl into a bench intended for five.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
She bought guns for him, lied on the forms, how cut and dry is this! our tax dollars still paying for just to reserver motion! How bout Guilty, Sentence, DONE..Locked up.
I'd rather see 1000 "obviously guilty" people have their cases fart around in court than see one innocent convicted.

I have yet to see any proof that Ms. Nguyen is guilty of any of the alleged crimes, and I'm pretty sure you haven't either. I suggest we support a justice system based on facts and evidence rather than assumptions and emotions.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
if she's found to be guilty she should be crucified, but in poor system that complains about "illegal weapons", the punishment for the crimes are rather soft.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
She'll walk. It was the ARs fault remember?

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
She knowingly sold a firearm to a violent felon? Sorry, but that deserves a little prison time. It cost two men their lives for no reason at all.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
all these comments are constitutionally incorrect ... where are the Facts in Evidence, the Mens Rea .. all the Elements of the supposed Crime ...?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I would be more interested in hearing her side of the story, details have not been published yet. There are many ways to speculate why she bought and gave the rifles to him. At least the real monster blew his brains out.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
I would be more interested in hearing her side of the story, details have not been published yet. There are many ways to speculate why she bought and gave the rifles to him. At least the real monster blew his brains out.
Yeah, but unfortunately he took two innocent lives with him. I'd be interested in hearing her side too. If she knowingly sold a violent felon a firearm though I have no sympathy for her.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Facts presented by someone other than a media that hates the idea that 'anyone' owns a gun and a government that hates the idea that 'anyone' owns a gun would be helpful. I only hate lynch mobs, whatever their configuration.
Robin

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
By the press (who are unbiased and always truthful) she is obviously guilty but I want to see the evidence first, innocent until proven and all that.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Yeah, but unfortunately he took two innocent lives with him. I'd be interested in hearing her side too. If she knowingly sold a violent felon a firearm though I have no sympathy for her.
Not everything is black and white, I certainly agree she was in the wrong, but peoples motives are not binary.

·
Registered
249 Posts
She knowingly sold a firearm to a violent felon? Sorry, but that deserves a little prison time. It cost two men their lives for no reason at all.
So you accept all of the facts of the case from the news media? and the NYS govt?
Ive never heard a single bit of info about her "crimes" except from the news media.... Personally, I'll reserve judgement until some facts come out. If she did something illegal, she should pay the price. If it's a witch-hunt fueled by Cuomo's mental defects, she should have the opportunity to exersize her constitutional rights and defend herself theres more to the bill of rights than the 2A

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
So you accept all of the facts of the case from the news media? and the NYS govt?
Ive never heard a single bit of info about her "crimes" except from the news media.... Personally, I'll reserve judgement until some facts come out. If she did something illegal, she should pay the price. If it's a witch-hunt fueled by Cuomo's mental defects, she should have the opportunity to exersize her constitutional rights and defend herself theres more to the bill of rights than the 2A
I clarified in a later post. I'd be interested in hearing her side. If she willingly and knowingly gave a firearm to a violent felon then that's wrong.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Looking forward to hear a verict i myself being.a fireman in monroe county and personally knowing " chip" id like to see some punishment dealt out to someone. Personally i hope its the state for letting this monster out in the first place.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts