New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Considering the junk mail that they slam you with in just a single year, I could not imagine why anyone would subject themselves to a lifetime of such harassment.

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
Considering the junk mail that they slam you with in just a single year, I could not imagine why anyone would subject themselves to a lifetime of such harassment.
All you have to do is ask and they will take you off the mailing list. I can't understand why anyone who enjoys shooting wouldn't be a member of NRA.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
All you have to do is ask and they will take you off the mailing list. I can't understand why anyone who enjoys shooting wouldn't be a member of NRA.
Absolutely agree. I get no junk mail from them. Just the occasional email updates and special offers along with the digital editions of the magazines.

Another option if you are active military, LEO or other first responder you can go to Welcome to the Life of Duty Network and get a free (sponsored) membership.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
No lie, I was looking at getting a membership yesterday but I don't have $500 or the normal $1000 to throw around at the moment.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been a life member for about 20 years now. I get NO mail from them other than the monthly magazine. Nothing, nadda, zip.

Incidentally, I paid much more than $500 way back then - this is a great offer.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Because if it wasn't for the NRA you most likely would no longer have a 2nd Amendment

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
No lie, I was looking at getting a membership yesterday but I don't have $500 or the normal $1000 to throw around at the moment.
It's like $35 for a year or something.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'm thinking about the payment plan for a life membership it's like $25 either a week for 40 weeks or $25 a quarter for 40 quarters

·
Registered
754 Posts
Saw it on facebook, and ordered my membership. I was going to do lifetime payment plan, but this saved me $500. Good deal imho.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm not a member currently. I wish they would stick to their mission (e.g. protecting the rights of gun owners), and not stick their noses into wildlife conservation issues. I'm ardently passionate about both issues, and would be more supportive of NRA if they stuck to fighting for the 2nd amendment.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
There are other organizations out there besides the NRA. I dropped my membership when Wayne started in on the Jack Booted Thugs kick. Don't get me wrong I consider the BATFE America's legal terrorist organization as well. I felt I did not need to belong to an organization that wes going the way of the Militant propaganda route. the NRA likes to compromise way too much in my opinion.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
NRA won't get a cent out of me while I'm here in NY. Nothing like paying for everyone else's amusement park ticket while being told you can't go.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I have sent 7 letters asking for it to stop. Seven. Since they refuse, I am proud of the fact that I have convinced several people to never join.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
There are other organizations out there besides the NRA. I dropped my membership when Wayne started in on the Jack Booted Thugs kick. Don't get me wrong I consider the BATFE America's legal terrorist organization as well. I felt I did not need to belong to an organization that wes going the way of the Militant propaganda route. the NRA likes to compromise way too much in my opinion.
None of those other organizations have near the power of the NRA

1 - 20 of 28 Posts