New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my 2013 NRA card. They are offering Lifetime memberships for $300 to Friends and Family (think its limited to six in total). If anybody is interested, please let me know.

I also think I'm going to upgrade my Life membership to Life Benefactor.

Thanks.

CJG

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts
When your friend signs up using this deal they will also get a survey with a place for additional $300 memberships.

· Registered
5,312 Posts
What's EPL? Extended pay? I think this is for new members but I would call them and see if they would put you on the current promotion.
EPL is their Easy Pay Life plan.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/renew.asp

Easy Pay Life (EPL) - Pay $25.00 today and the NRA will mail you a quarterly or monthly invoice until the total dues are paid. Your membership status will be upgraded to Life Member when the balance is paid in full

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im interested...
I think the price is good through Feb. 28th. Check online or give them a call and see if you can sign up at the friends and family rate. If you need an NRA number, PM me and I'll send you mine. If I have to do it for you, you'll need to get me your info and $300. Happy to do it for you but you may have more options (credit card) and know that its done if you can sign up directly. PM me if you need any help.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Gunner, that's what I thought but had the acronym wrong.

Waldershrek, same deal, PM me if you need my NRA number. If you are eligible but need me to do it, you'll have to get me your info and $300.

· Registered
6,396 Posts
I have a few people interested on the S&W forum. Do WE need to send in the members info and funds or it there another way to do this? Some folks may not want to send $ to a stranger. I may call the NRA this morning for more info.

· Registered
6,396 Posts
OK, just got off the phone with NRA membership. This can be done over the phone with new members name and address and magazine preference. ONLY the sponsoring member could call or send in the info, and HE/SHE would need to pay the fees. So, one needs to collect the money from the new Life members, and foward it to the NRA.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks ladder.

OK, so I'm happy to do the work but here's the deal. Offer expires Feb 28, 2013 so let's keep the thread open until Feb 15, 2013. If you're interested, send me a PM with your info by Feb 15th. I need (NRA requires) Name, Address, Telephone number, e-mail address, DOB and choice of Magazine: American Rifleman, American Hunter, American Freedom or No Magazine. On or about Feb 15, I will send everyone who is interested my info and you then need to send me $300 by Cash, Money Order or PayPal gift by Feb 25. I will submit payment and your application to NRA before the deadline of Feb 28th. The form I have is limited to six memberships, so I'll take the first six members who send me their info by PM. If I don't receive your payment by Feb 25, I will return any monies received to you and will not process your application. I'm not making anything off of this, so would appreciate if you would stick to these guidelines. $300 is the best price I've seen for a lifetime membership and I encourage everyone who is looking to join the NRA to consider this offer. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks.

· Registered
84 Posts
All you have to do is call the NRA - 1-877-NRA-2000 and provide the referring life member's NRA # and tell them your friend recently became a life member and in his packet he received a notification that he could refer friends and family to also become life members at the discounted $300 price. No need to transfer monies back and forth between members.

· Registered
6,329 Posts
OK, just got off the phone with NRA membership. This can be done over the phone with new members name and address and magazine preference. ONLY the sponsoring member could call or send in the info, and HE/SHE would need to pay the fees. So, one needs to collect the money from the new Life members, and foward it to the NRA.
This seems to be an issue of who you talk to. Reports on PAFOA are showing some guys are able to call in and say they were referred by a life member while others are being told the life member has to call and pay. Guess I'll just have to call and see what kind of response I get.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All you have to do is call the NRA - 1-877-NRA-2000 and provide the referring life member's NRA # and tell them your friend recently became a life member and in his packet he received a notification that he could refer friends and family to also become life members at the discounted $300 price. No need to transfer monies back and forth between members.
I'd prefer this approach, but it runs against the info Ladder posted above, and he supposedly just got off the phone with the NRA about this. So if you can sign up directly, please do. PM me if you need a sponsor number. Thx.

· Registered
6,396 Posts
updated info

I guess it depended on who you talked to, I must have gotten an ill-informed rep. YES, you CAN get Life for the 300 with just a members ID# and name. Another member called and got different info. Signed up 5 today on the S&W forum.

· Registered
3,933 Posts
Just had a discussion with a friend about this. Based on the facts that the NRA are giving away memberships or significantly discounting them I have to assume that they really don't want your money. What they want are numbers. My friend called the NRA-ILA and asked them if they'd prefer that he join as a lifetime member at the full rate or send them $500 as a donation. They emphatically said to send the donation. I'd recommend that if you're considering joining that you donate to the NRA-ILA instead.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.