New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
20,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We uphold the right of individuals to keep and bear arms, a right which antedated the Constitution and was solemnly confirmed by the Second Amendment. We acknowledge, support, and defend the law-abiding citizen's God-given right of self-defense. We call for the protection of such fundamental individual rights recognized in the Supreme Court's decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago affirming that right, and we recognize the individual responsibility to safely use and store firearms.

More...

· Registered
1,275 Posts
We uphold the right of individuals to keep and bear arms, a right which antedated the Constitution and was solemnly confirmed by the Second Amendment. We acknowledge, support, and defend the law-abiding citizen's God-given right of self-defense. We call for the protection of such fundamental individual rights recognized in the Supreme Court's decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago affirming that right, and we recognize the individual responsibility to safely use and store firearms.

More...
What about Mitt Romney?? He is clearly anti 2nd Amendment. He voted for EVERY Anti firearm bill that came in front of him while serving in the state of Mass. This might be the first election BOTH candidates have horrible records on this issue. We are in trouble either way folks.

· Registered
2,719 Posts
What about Mitt Romney?? He is clearly anti 2nd Amendment. He voted for EVERY Anti firearm bill that came in front of him while serving in the state of Mass. This might be the first election BOTH candidates have horrible records on this issue. We are in trouble either way folks.
At first glance I think this platform "sounds" good regarding the 1st and 2nd amendments. But as you say, the record of the candidate speaks volumes. All I know is I am personally making this election a "one issue" election, with the 1st and 2nd amendments being the driving force behind my voting, and not just at the federal level, but all the way down the line. The supreme court is important, and the present administration is nothing but anti 1st and 2nd amendment. That tells you where I am coming from. Hopefully the NRA-ILA and PVF is well funded this year.

· Registered
2,719 Posts
Also, as a second thought, Mitt's record in Mass is in his favor. If I am not mistaken Mass has one of the lowest deaths by firearms records in the nation. You can bet you will hear more about that. I am not sure if he is anti-gun or just anti-guns in the wrong hands. Seems to me Obama is just anti-gun, no matter whose hands they are in. IMHO

· Registered
2,534 Posts
If you sign off on bans based on mere appearance (oooh, ebr, run before we all die!!) or complete lack of knowledge ('silencers completely muffle gunshots' or military style firearms are too weak to hunt with but powerful enough to go though 4 cars, 10 schoolkids, 20 inches of reinforced concrete and still knock down a 747 thats 5 miles away with a single shot) regardless of pressure from the legislator, you are a stupid bastard undeserving of the position or status, plain and simple.

Mag capacities, 'features', appearance... all freakishly unintelligent cause for any type of restriction and should be rejected by all but the most highly mentally restricted.

If they are dumb enough to sign off on firearms, imagine what else they'd rubber stamp too.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Also, as a second thought, Mitt's record in Mass is in his favor. If I am not mistaken Mass has one of the lowest deaths by firearms records in the nation. You can bet you will hear more about that. I am not sure if he is anti-gun or just anti-guns in the wrong hands. Seems to me Obama is just anti-gun, no matter whose hands they are in. IMHO
In his favor?! Not in the favor of a gun owner,for sure! Mass is ONE OF the WORST states in the nation when it comes to firearms ownership! ANti gun is anti gun, the bill of rights doesnt mention the government deciding who should have one and who should not. They may have been saying everyone should have one to protect themselves from that same government that is deciding now. To top it off Mass has socialized medicine and socialized higher education. All things Romney pushed hard for. There is little I can find that I like about him, let alone the current President. They are similar in so many ways its SCARY! We need another party! Any ideas what to call it? The NRA party? The constitution party? Ron Paul is close to the right direction, minus a few outlandish topics which sends him way off track to the average voter.

· Registered
2,719 Posts
In his favor?! Not in the favor of a gun owner,for sure! Mass is ONE OF the WORST states in the nation when it comes to firearms ownership! ANti gun is anti gun, the bill of rights doesnt mention the government deciding who should have one and who should not. They may have been saying everyone should have one to protect themselves from that same government that is deciding now. To top it off Mass has socialized medicine and socialized higher education. All things Romney pushed hard for. There is little I can find that I like about him, let alone the current President. They are similar in so many ways its SCARY! We need another party! Any ideas what to call it? The NRA party? The constitution party? Ron Paul is close to the right direction, minus a few outlandish topics which sends him way off track to the average voter.
Actually I did not mean to sound supportive of either candidate. I feel they are both wrong. I also feel if the NRA had enough support, it COULD become a 3rd party force to be reckoned with seriously, if not actually winning the white house. Fact is, the NRA is STRONGLY for the traditional values of this country, that is a strong appeal to any voter. The stranglehold of the Neo Cons and the War Hawks must be broken. We must get back to what made this country great.....a respect of individual rights and a respect from the world that we have surely lost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.