New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Massachusetts House and Senate negotiators reached an agreement Wednesday night on legislation that would tighten what are already some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

More...

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
you can tell that article (the boston globe) was written by someone who supports violating the Constitution. saying it grants the police extra powers, but limits those powers... are you freaking kidding me... dont try to spin it by saying it limits those powers when your increasing the power they have, and decreasing liberty. what the hell are the gun rights groups doing by allowing this attack on our freedoms to continue. im spread wayyyyyy to thin to keep fighting other states battles for them (although i do when I can)... people need to step the hell up already!

im so freaking glad my folks didnt move to mass before I was born... too bad they stopped in NY, wish they went to a freer state.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Already it's legal to prohibit felons from getting firearms. There does need to be a mechanism to prohibit nutters from having them as well, since it appears to me the huge majority of mass shootings, for example, are by people everybody knew to be bat sh*t insane for a while. Unilateral police action without going through a stringent process wouldn't mesh with scotus rulings, I don't think. I could see this going to scotus and already scotus is okay with limiting guns to felons and I imagine they would be to people who have a decent perceived probability of violence. That's very hard to nail down since most people are capable of violence under certain circumstances.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts