New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mayor Bloomberg ramped up his gun control rhetoric to a whole new level last night, saying he's surprised cops don't walk off their jobs until the public forces lawmakers to get guns off the streets. "I don't understand why police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say we're going to go on strike, we're not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe," he told CNN's Piers Morgan.

More...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Supreme court has already made the determination that police aren't required to protect anything to begin with.

If they did do it (laughably implausible) I imagine it would have just the opposite effectr.
No police = people protecting themselves as they have the right to do = buy/use firearms *
In the grander scheme this would result in many questioning why they should bother taking police back on the job after they went on strike because they worked out for real that they could do it themselves.

F*** bloomberg
Deliberately trying to create victims to further his agenda

* he's going under the assumption that w/o police everyone will obey the letter of law, but criminals won't and will commit the crimes they would and do the things they do anyway regardless of police presence so somehow 'prove' we really, really, really need more cops not less and less guns not more. (and ironically would allow some the more thuggish police to go out and do the crimes they always wanted to but couldn't because of job restrictions)

Cops go on national strike, I'm going full on machine gun and IED and not ever even care if police go back on the job.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
The police would turn in there weapons when they went on strike since they would now be just like the rest of us right?

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
If the police go on strike until until more gun control is passed then I say the people go on strike (including not paying taxes) until all of it is repealed.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Let them strike, gun ownership would skyrocket.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
The police would turn in there weapons when they went on strike since they would now be just like the rest of us right?
Well of course.
Body armor too.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
If they go on strike, who will think of tbe children?
Aunt Nancy P. and Aunt Barbra B. of course we could not forget Unlces Chucky S. and Mikey B.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I guess he doesn't realize he just gave everyone a reason to pause and ponder that statement. What will happen to me if the cops go on strike? Who will protect me? Guess, I need to go out and buy a few guns and 1000s of rounds of ammunition.

Bloomburg for gun salesman of the year.....

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Hopefully the EMT's will be on strike when he's clutching his chest and can't breath.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If they did go on strike he would sue the union and everyone involved for breaking the Taylor law and then offer them their jobs back at a 50% cut in pay. The man is a POS who either doesn't know the laws of the city state and country or thinks he can lie to the people with impunity.

Today in the paper he was talking about back pay for city workers who have been without a contract for years, he said he's not going to pay for work that's already been done. He's a rich bitch who is completely out of touch with reality.

just in case anyone isn't familiar with the Taylor law
Taylor Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
621 Posts
Cops going on strike? What a great excuse to buy more guns. Thanks Mike.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Bloombag was asked by Pearse Morgan what he thought the founding fathers meant in regards to the 2nd amendment and he said it was for the Supreme Court to interpret it, nothing to interpret as far as I am concerned

1 - 16 of 16 Posts