New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted on another thread, we elect representatives and senators for both the state and national seats.....then we never make them work for us!!! Nice work if you can get it I would say.:unhappy:. This is the time we as gun owners, and more than that ....Americans to make the people we elect work for us. 18 months waiting for a permit!!!....finding out there are 200 applications waiting for the judge's staff to pick them up!!!!.....and some of the crazy laws even the law enforcement officers have a hard time understanding. Pre ban mags?? they are safer than new 12 rd mags? Ever go online and count the number of pistols you can not get good prices on because they are over 10 rd mags with them? ( I know some can be SPECIAL ordered with 10 rd mags....at a huge cost) Look all the laws can not be changed over night, some may never be changed, and some ...well agree or not I think should be in place. Look at HR 822....heard of it??....you have? So you have written you rep or senator asking why it has passed one side and not even put up for a vote in the other side????? Now is the time we get some voice via out elected officials.....especially those that want to be re elected. Judges are elected officials too....anyone ever ask the county for an open forum to ask judges and sheriffs why it takes so long, how to make it easier...on them as well as us. I think so many people think the judges are these big monsters that we can not talk to. Use some respect, use facts, use something other than "Hey man, it's my F ing right" . That may be so, but you really think that is how we are going to get respected and listened to?? In here we should not be Republican or Democrat..... at the polls especially!! We are gun owners and Americans.....vote accordingly, vote intelligently and vote as an informed voter!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
14 views and no comments on a subject like this, yet comments up the butt supporting some "kid" wanting a permit to carry to look cool to his friends. Maybe that is why there are so many dicked up laws in NY....no one really cares when it comes to fighting fo what is rightfully ours. Cheap talk , and look at how many guns i own big man gun talk gets you no place.........GET INVOLVED!!!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
No one cares? LMFAO. You seem to be confused. We all care, in fact, every single one of us could vote for pro-gun politicians here in NY and they wouldn't change a thing because we are attached to the cesspool downstate that has the same liking of guns as ebola. We are realists. Do you think there is any reasoning with our beloved elected officials that make laws like "If your stock moves 6 inches longer or shorter then the gun is scary and illegal and inherently more dangerous."

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I agree with everything your post states, I have my State Senator and Assemblywomans as well as my Congressmans phone numbers in my cell, all there offices are withing walking distances of my apartment, I purposely have visited my Senator and I think she thought it was a joke that I just stopped in to introduce myself and tell her what a good job she does for gun rights, met my Assemblywoman on the street and told her the same thing, they understand how overloaded the downstate anti gunners are, so every vote counts, especially upstate, more people would get a permit but they know nothing about it,help them by offering to get the forms, fill it out for them if you have to, sign it if you can, my sons friends never voted (20 year olds) I have a stack of voter registration forms at my house and ask them to at least register and I can only hope that they will vote, I DO give a Shizz, I think we all do but we all can do MORE!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Look at HR 822....heard of it??....you have? So you have written you rep or senator asking why it has passed one side and not even put up for a vote in the other side?????
Well said, throughout your post. But Senator Schumer is one of the reasons the National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act won't go anywhere in the Senate. He sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which controls the fate of the bill. His good friend, Senator Feinstein (who back in the 1970s had the ONLY CCW permit in all of San Francisco county) has issued a hold requesting that the bill die. And if it ever makes it to the floor, both Schumer and Gillibrand will vote against it.

Contacting either of our U.S. Senators won't do anything. They simply do not care about us. Their Senate seats are guaranteed for life because they're Democrats, and the 12 million or so who live downstate would elect Chairman Mao if he ran on the Democrat ticket. Gillibrand is currently leading all Senators in campaign fundraising. That's the money the wealthy liberal establishment is doling out to keep her in office.

I actually have Republicans from my district in the state Senate, the Assembly, and the U.S. House of Representatives. I write my Senator every time that stupid micro-stamping bill comes up. My U.S. Congressman voted against H.R. 822 under pressure from Bloomberg. I won't be voting for him in the primaries, and I'll be sure to let him know why.

I honestly believe the courts are our best chance at getting the state to abide by the Constitution. The Supreme Court, that is (unless the 2nd Circuit surprises me over the next few months).

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I make my Senators and reps. work for me as often as I can on many many issues. Even though I know that anything having to do with my firearms rights will fall on deaf ears, I routinely send emails and make phone calls to Chucky Schoomburgs office and his hand puppet Gillibrand!!
One of my reps in particular,Anne maire Buerkle has championed gun rights and I go out of my way to thank her and support her efforts every chance that I get.
Unfortunately it's going to be an up hill battle for her re-election. That is the way it is in this state when you are an elected official and you support
gun rights. Even though that is the case I still hold out hope no matter how slim it may be that it will change and I do all I can, when I can, to support those that support my rights!!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I would also like to add to what another poster suggested about joining the NRA and other firearms rights organisations. We all should / must join any and all the gun rights organisations that we can. I know we all live in NY but our gun rights issues extend far beyond our borders! Activism on the state AND federal level is the only way we are going to change things in our favor.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I am going to go out on a limb here and say the reason your thread has not received such a warm welcome is because the seasoned guys on here have been preaching everything you said for years. But thank you for showing us that you are well informed on the topics near and dear to our hearts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts