New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't and won't watch the BS that passes for American "football" for over 3 years - call it "government" ball or "thug" ball, whatever you choose.

Baseball or "real" football (soccer) has more entertainment value and skill displayed than what "American" football has become - a huge asset to Fed.Gov in keeping the "prols" in line. I mean, REALLY - "fantasy" football???!!! - what dreck.

But boycott the cheesy excuse for a game because of this:

NFL Hires Pro-Gun Control Biden Aide to Be Top Lobbyist

·
Registered
399 Posts
NHL (First Game)
Opponent: Four Games on this Day
Date: 8th of October 2014
Days until pre-season: 4 - Pre-season starts!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree that football has become a big media hog and is used to pacify the masses. I still find it fun to watch once in a while, but most of my friends seem to be so distracted from all other goings on in the world that it seems to border on brainwashing. For instance, I have a buddy that openly says he hates politics because he doesn't understand it and when he votes, he votes for whoever his parents tell him to. I've tried and tried to reason with him, (your 33 and still do everything your parents tell you to, why do you want to give an extra vote to some one else, you're a horrible excuse for an american) but I gave up once I found out I agree with how his parents vote. Now if you were to ask this guy anything about football, he is off and running. You sometimes can't get him to talk about anything else. Just knowing that there are people out there like this (weather I agree with how they vote or not) makes me sick, but it's not the games fault. The blame lies with the NFL and the media for trying to make football matter more than most anything else. I have come up with a new question for my misguided friend, next time we talk. What matters more in life, weather some one you don't know has a few fumbles, or some other person you don't know raises your taxes and tells you that you can't own something you like? I bet he says fumbles.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I agree that football has become a big media hog and is used to pacify the masses. I still find it fun to watch once in a while, but most of my friends seem to be so distracted from all other goings on in the world that it seems to border on brainwashing. For instance, I have a buddy that openly says he hates politics because he doesn't understand it and when he votes, he votes for whoever his parents tell him to. I've tried and tried to reason with him, (your 33 and still do everything your parents tell you to, why do you want to give an extra vote to some one else, you're a horrible excuse for an american) but I gave up once I found out I agree with how his parents vote. Now if you were to ask this guy anything about football, he is off and running. You sometimes can't get him to talk about anything else. Just knowing that there are people out there like this (weather I agree with how they vote or not) makes me sick, but it's not the games fault. The blame lies with the NFL and the media for trying to make football matter more than most anything else. I have come up with a new question for my misguided friend, next time we talk. What matters more in life, weather some one you don't know has a few fumbles, or some other person you don't know raises your taxes and tells you that you can't own something you like? I bet he says fumbles.
the New Amrican ...

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Can't stop watching until the Bills stop winning......:eek:oh:

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NHL (First Game)
Opponent: Four Games on this Day
Date: 8th of October 2014
Days until pre-season: 4 - Pre-season starts!

My bad -- how could I forget hockey? - speed, grace, toughness and some good dust-ups (a little too much I think now).

I saw Guy LaFleur skate in St. Louis from ice-side seats - amazing athlete - seemed to move over the ice without any effort.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Can't stop watching until the Bills stop winning......:eek:oh:
not going to lie its a 50 /50 shot we may have to stop watching this sunday or could be till the end of the season
they have not looked this good, man its been so long when was the last time they looked this good
GO BILLS....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Thanks for your opinion? ... I don't watch football either.. But I can't say it's for the same reasons.

Pretty sure you wont be convincing any football fans with those arguments.. nor Hockey, for that matter.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I despise watching sports. Like really strong hate.

To be honest I would rather listen to Cuomo for an hour than watch ferberl.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
The Romans had bread and circuses to pacify the masses. We have the NFL and American Idol (any reality TV for that matter) to keep what our citizens in line. Though I would argue that any citizen worth his or her salt would spend far more time following the issues than killing brain cells with that mindlessness.

To be fair I watch a football game every once in a while but I don't let it run my life. No sport should do that. Well, shooting maybe the exception.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
I have not watched a football game in close to ten years. I have no use for the game!

I have a saying that I try to get out as often as possible...

Go Bills!

And take the Sabres with you!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
You can enjoy the game and simply not buy any products from their sponsors. And watch it on the interwebs instead of TV. It's free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts