New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New from Benelli: M4 H2O Shotgun | The Truth About Guns

As Foghorn predicted, in strict accordance with firearms industry practice, gunmakers' marketing mavens are busy playing variations on a theme; working hard to up the new product round count for the SHOT show. Benelli's latest stock in trade: the M4 H2O. No it's not a double-barreled homage to the Australian mermaid saga which has so captivated my 8-year-old. It's Big Ben's Marine-compatible scattergun which includes ("for the first time ever") a factory-installed telescoping pistol-grip stock, a full-length magazine tube (7+1 capacity) and NP3 coating. What kinda player is that? Read on McDuff . . .
Benelli's presser says NP3 is a "seriously rugged weather-proofing that will withstand all the elements." Why so serious?
NP3 is an electroless nickel-based finish, which gives the metal's surface an attractive satin gray, non-reflective finish. All active surfaces including the M4 H2O's entire bolt assembly, trigger group, magazine tube and follower and barrel are evenly plated with a true composite coating of sub-micron particles of PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene)-also known as Teflon with electroless nickel co-deposited into the nickel matrix.
Every metal part of on the M4 H2O is completely protected from rust and corrosion, even when exposed to marine environments with salt spray, rain, and high humidity. This degree of protection is 10 times greater than standard electroless nickel finishes.
Not only is NP3 extremely corrosion resistant, but it also provides high lubricity and a low friction co-efficient, which greatly increases the life of a firearm. Furthermore, as wear occurs on the surface of the finish, fresh particles of PTFE are exposed to maintain consistent lubricating qualities of the coating.
In addition to its self-lubricating rust-proofing (sounds so dirty), the $2269 M4 H2O comes with a Picatinny rail, pistol-grip stock, fully adjustable ghost-ring aperture rear sight and windage-adjustable front sight. Benelli says the M4 H20 will only be available for a limited time (i.e. it may be boat compatible but they won't be selling them by the boat-load). Off you go then.
SPECIFICATIONS:

• Gauge: 12-Gauge
  • Barrel Length: 18.5"
  • Sights: Ghost-ring
  • Metal Finish: NP3
  • Stock: Telescoping
  • Average Weight: 7.8 lbs.
  • Overall Length: 40"
  • Length of Pull: 14 3/8"
  • Drop at heel: 2.25"
  • Drop at Comb: 1.5"
  • MSRP: $2269

If only we lived in a free state...

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MSRP. When was the last time you paid MSRP for anything? I'd guess it'll go for around $1700-1900 at a dealer. Plus it's a Benelli, so you pay the name tax. And they're phenomenal shotguns that can run just about anything you put through them flawlessly.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Too much for a shotgun, and other then 1 pin for the stock it is NYS ready, but I'd like this to be a free state anyway for other reasons :p

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too much for a shotgun, and other then 1 pin for the stock it is NYS ready, but I'd like this to be a free state anyway for other reasons :p
Stock and magazine tube. 5 round limit on semi-auto shotguns with a pistol grip.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Stock and magazine tube. 5 round limit on semi-auto shotguns with a pistol grip.
Seriously? I thought that was only for when you are hunting and it follows the 10 round limit like semi-automatic rifles do otherwise.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
5,413 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
MSRP. When was the last time you paid MSRP for anything? I'd guess it'll go for around $1700-1900 at a dealer. Plus it's a Benelli, so you pay the name tax. And they're phenomenal shotguns that can run just about anything you put through them flawlessly.
Still too much, and while I've shot some very nice heavily worked spaghetti guns that I would love to own, I would never pay the price they ask for them. Its a shot gun.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Still too much, and while I've shot some very nice heavily worked spaghetti guns that I would love to own, I would never pay the price they ask for them. Its a shot gun.
That's when it would be nice to hit the lottery to buy all the more fun expensive ****.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
1700-1900 is still insane for a shotgun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts