New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo...
is it legal to have reloading components shipped to your house?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
100% legal...for now.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, sweet. Any place you recommend ordering from. Mainly just reloading .308, .30-30 and 12 gauge.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Okay, sweet. Any place you recommend ordering from. Mainly just reloading .308, .30-30 and 12 gauge.
Powder Valley, Inc.
Hodgdon - The Gun Powder People
https://www.wideners.com/
Copper Plated Bullets
Buy Berry's Plated Bullets, Cast Pistol Bullets, and Hornady

This is just a few of the places I go,Midway USA is OK also if ya catch sales and codes for $$$$ off ! 12 Gauge is tough,,unless you can get the shot for FREE or have a full Skid of it,,your better off/cheaper buying it ! If you reload 12 Gauge, at least you can make tailor & it to your needs.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Try to find a local shop for powder & primers. the 28.50 haz mat fee on top of UPS or FedEx regular shipping charge is a killer.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Try to find a local shop for powder & primers. the 28.50 haz mat fee on top of UPS or FedEx regular shipping charge is a killer.
IMO that depends on how much you are ordering. If you are ordering 10 lbs of powder and 10k primers, even with the hazmat you are paying less than you would at the LGS, at least those shops close to me.

Getting together with a few other people when you order may not be a bad idea to save on hazmat.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Does anyone know when this 28$ HAZMAT fee was created? To me it sounds awfully similar to 200$ NFA tax stamp to deter people from exercising their rights and 'pricing out' our liberties.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I checked gunbot and my prices are mostly equal to or maybe $1 or $2 more per lb. and I includes the shipping & haz mat.
Sodont supportthlocals trying to make alivngintis state

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Does anyone know when this 28$ HAZMAT fee was created? To me it sounds awfully similar to 200$ NFA tax stamp to deter people from exercising their rights and 'pricing out' our liberties.
This was created in 1998 in the transportation bill ! This was the governments answer to a fire on a fedex truck that exploded in St Louis . It was determined that anything that was explosive had to be declared so then here comes the fees to cover the declarement ! Yep that same idiot who did this now runs the commerce dept !

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found a place down my block. Bunch of old timers in there. kinda freaked me out. bought some 00 12ga ammo and left before they ate me or something. Is this normal to see in reloading shops?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I found a place down my block. Bunch of old timers in there. kinda freaked me out. bought some 00 12ga ammo and left before they ate me or something. Is this normal to see in reloading shops?
See a psychologist to get over your inordinate fear of 'old people'. That statement notwithstanding, this same group of terrifying 'old people' could be a veritable encyclopedic source of reloading, gunsmithing and shooting knowledge. Try to get over your fears, and talk to them sometimes. -- Ya' never know!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
No, normally the old timers would surround the person and detain them with stories of their favorite long dead bird dog, the joys of cowboy action shooting or other similar cruel and unusual punishments.

Glad to hear you were able to get in and out with minimal interaction with others that probably have some common interests with you.

I could be wrong here, but the tone of your post has me picturing you stuffing the double aught into the pocket of your black tactical pants and rushing out of the store with your gaze firmly fixed on your smart phone. Just saying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts