New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Bramson sure seems like a POS. I don't vote for Democrats...EVER, so Astorino's getting my vote.

·
Registered
753 Posts
My only major issue with Astorino is that he's responsible for cancelling the gun shows at the Westchester County Center. He needs to STOP PUNISHING LEGAL GUN OWNERS for the sins of others if he expects to be considered Pro-2A in my book!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I'm not up to speed on westchester politics so when do we get to vote for legislators, etc... I want to mske sure to do what I can to get rid of the commies.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I doubt anyone in that seat has any great chance... The city is set up that that home owners pay 80% of the taxes and businesses don't.... Many long term residence have left and I see no light at the end of the tunnel for them

·
Registered
359 Posts
Celt,

They're pretty much all commies. I corresponded with Astorino after the (un)SAFE Act passed and he was certainly not a fan of the new laws, but there are so few freedom lovers in Westchester county that he is not going to make a big deal out of it. Democrats are master manipulators and liars who have the media in their pocket. He'd be crucified for standing up for freedom. It's pretty much a lose / lose proposition in this county. Westchester is populated with a lot of the Democrats core base - minorities, union workers and guilty well off (some filthy rich) people. So, you've got people that love to pig out at the public trough and those that pay for the trough so they'll never have to deal with the people that eat from it...metaphorically speaking of course. Ha ha.

I'm not up to speed on westchester politics so when do we get to vote for legislators, etc... I want to mske sure to do what I can to get rid of the commies.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Keep fighting the good fight to all our brothers and sisters in this county. We have a voice, regardless of the pessimists, and it's at the ballot box.
We voted ourselves into this mess, we can vote ourselves out. It's time to elect the farmer, the plumber, the electricians and get our country back on track at the local level, then the state level, then the federal level. No more career politicians need a free ride.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
The demographics are against Westchester. 20 years ago 90% of the Legislators were Republican, yes some were RINO's, or maybe most. The influx of immigrants and NYC residents ensures Democratic rule for years to come. Andy Spano wore out his welcome mat, like all politicians, the only reason he was defeated. Astorino is a fine honest man, but severely overwhelmed by Dem legislators.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Its really a shame that the Democrats have become synonymous with Anti-2A movements. Its not that way everywhere. Here in Putnam County, many of the Dems (including myself) are Pro 2A. Our lone Dem legislator is a "card carrying member of the NRA". I myself am a candidate for the Legislature this fall and I'm pretty sure I am more pro 2A than most of the Republicans on the legislature. Westchester is an entirely different animal.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Are you what is considered, a Conservative then? That would be a good thing if so.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Its really a shame that the Democrats have become synonymous with Anti-2A movements. Its not that way everywhere. Here in Putnam County, many of the Dems (including myself) are Pro 2A. Our lone Dem legislator is a "card carrying member of the NRA". I myself am a candidate for the Legislature this fall and I'm pretty sure I am more pro 2A than most of the Republicans on the legislature. Westchester is an entirely different animal.
It's not a shame - it's by design. Gun control is a central pillar of the Democratic Party's platform. I believe that you are different, but I will never trust a Democrat and absolutely will never vote for one ever again. I'm sure that many on this forum will agree with me.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Most of the "progun democrats" i have met are really libertarians. I was raised in a working class household and my father was a democrat, But he was more republican then anything else in his beliefs. The democrat party has changed since the old days, it has since become the new communist party. Until we get a true libertarian to run i will always vote against the democrat....always.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You have my vote Jim, that's for sure!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts