New York Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rule number one of the site rules is "No Racism" and has always been.

Consider this your only warning that it will not be tolerated. It doesn't matter if it's a joke or not, there is no place for it on this site. Anyone posting any racist content will be banned without warning.

Thanks for your understanding.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
In light of recent developments, I just figured I would bump this in case there were any other "Einsteins" out there who may have missed it!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I too, will bump this. Racism should not be taken lightly.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just to be clear I will also add that defamatory remarks against religion, ethnicity, nationality, race, etc... all fall into this category.

Almost 70,000 people look at the site per month so let's keep the site (and everyone on it) mature.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Just to be clear I will also add that defamatory remarks against religion, ethnicity, nationality, race, etc... all fall into this category.

Almost 70,000 people look at the site per month so let's keep the site (and everyone it it) mature.
That's a good idea. Keeping this site discrimination free would be the best route and would provide an open environment to people all over the world.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did I miss something that was said? This is a great policy though.
A couple of posts lately that were deleted. People trying to be funny but definitely over the line. It's not a new policy, been in the site rules since the site was started.

let's just hope the PC police know "racism" versus facts....just sayin'.
I am the PC police and if that's your thinking you're better off sticking to the firearms related posts.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Jeff - seriously, don't take offense to what i said....but since you're an admin I guess I HAVE TO toe the line....back in my box I go and "stick to the firearms related posts"

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Did I miss something that was said? This is a great policy though.
There have been "threads" that bring up the subject that some racial wars might have started where lunatics resorted to deplorable, unacceptable and insulting words.
No doubt politicians contribute to all this and now extremists are using any opportunity they get to come to forums to liberate the frustrations by reflecting the inadequacies of their sorry lives instead of relaxing, having some fun and maybe learn one thing or two about firearms and responsible firearms ownership or simply, good citizenship like many display here. ...and it seems to me some might need that simple advice, more than any firearms advice.
Anyone should be empowered to swiftly muffle any attempts to make this great forum one of those many circus forums everywhere and report any activities like that to the mods immediately.
I like a lot the sense of freedom, friendship, good humor and relaxed attitude in this local forum (AND MUTUAL RESPECT ABOVE ALL) so we should not allow anyone to cross the line and start schitting all over and I am glad the mods are sending this message loud and clear.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

Almost 70,000 people look at the site per month so let's keep the site (and everyone on it) mature.
Does "women" fall under "etc", or is it still ok to make jokes about kitchens & sandwiches n stuff? :)

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
LEO bashing is still allowed right? We wouldn't want to take all their fun away, you know, for the children........................

I couldn't find one with dogs getting shot

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
A couple of posts lately that were deleted. People trying to be funny but definitely over the line. It's not a new policy, been in the site rules since the site was started.

I am the PC police and if that's your thinking you're better off sticking to the firearms related posts.
By any chance, did you let the people know you deleted their posts because of this? I ask this because I do not know if I was one of them since I do not know what you consider is racist. I have posted things that I thought were not racist at all but you may think so and if you deleted my posts, I probably would not have noticed since I do not remember everything I post. Just curious.

James

·
Registered
651 Posts
That's a good idea. Keeping this site discrimination free would be the best route and would provide an open environment to people all over the world.
I agree. When I was at work yesterday, I was on the forum and a co-worker walked by and noticed I was on NY Firearms. He just happens to be black. He asked me if I had a gun permit and owned a gun. We started talking and he said he's never shot a gun. I saw an opportunity to possibly educate someone about gun ownership and we started talking about how fun it is to shoot and he should try it sometime. He's a good guy and if I ever had the chance, I'd take him to the range with me. I would have hated for him to see anything racist on the site. It could give him the wrong imression of gun owners.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I appreciate the efforts of Jeff and all the mods to uphold the rules. I think sometimes people forget that all kinds of people are firearm owners, and all kinds of people would be attracted to this site. Racist, classist, sexist, homophobic, or other descrimitory comments will only alienate people from particpating in real meaningful discussion with all of us. Easy general rule...don't post anything here you wouldn't stand up and shout in a largely multicultural public place. As my grandma used to say, live and let live.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
There is no such thing as protected speech on a privately owned board. We all all guests here.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hope you don't mind me giving a bump. I feel that all the members here should be reminded of this important rule. Thanks Jeff for making this a fun place to come to.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am one of the culprits that went over the line in my thread and I would like to apologize to all members. What I said was not meant to be taken as a direct insult, more of an opinion but I can understand where it was still over the line and I am the type of person who has no problem admitting when I am wrong.

So again, I apologize for my remarks. Carry on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.