New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
202 Posts
Well they certainly don't hide what the true intent of this bill is. Also in just a few sentences, it proves the point that these politicians just don't grasp what the real problem(s) are. How about enforcing existing laws, and keeping the criminals behind bars...

I haven't really looked before, but is there a steady supply of used LEO firearms available in NYS gun shops?

JUSTIFICATION: In order to finance the purchase of new and more effective weapons, state and local agencies have periodically sold or traded in weapons to lawful gun dealers. Given the growing concern over gun-related violence and accidents, however, this practice should be modified by authorizing such sales only to other law enforcement agencies. This would reduce the number of guns in circulation and ensure that state and local agencies do not add to the supply of available weapons.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
And we have yet ANOTHER "Put the blame ANYWHERE but on the criminals" bill! :D

I love the "bad gun" bills. Like if a gun is used in a crime, THAT GUN IS A BAD GUN! It must be shown on TV getting it's stock sawn in half and put in the smelter!

Police guns? Obviously BAD GUNS! They are the EXACT same guns you can just go buy in the store, but these were POLICE GUNS, and are therefor more dangerous.

· Registered
3,611 Posts
Holy crap!! They really are clueless! Do they actually believe that a person who has gone through all the; time, expense, and background checks so they can have a pistol permit are buying up these police trade-ins and going out shooting each other over DRUGS, and the DRUG business???
These politicians are morons and need to be replaced, unfortunately the real perpetrators of these shootings will keep them in power so they can continue to be a drain on our society and prey on the "unarmed" subjects. As long as our elected officials are doing everything they can to keep honest, innocent people from defending themselves from these lowlife scumbags, they will continue to vote them in!!
This is a friggin' joke!!

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Here's an idea...let's make it even harder for American currency to stay in America

:err:

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Add to the supply of available weapons? Really? I guess the liberal bonehead that wrote this bill has never been to a gun shop before.

· Premium Member
10,553 Posts
When little Johnny get's shot in the ghetto and it turns out that the gun that shot him was sold to an FFL by a police force then was eventually stolen from the home of the buyer, I can picture the police agency being named in a lawsuit by Little Johnny's family because he was a good kid and was about to turn his life around. If the police didn't sell that gun he never would have gotten shot.

· Registered
1,672 Posts
Dear liberals please don't bitch when your underwater lesbian basket weaving program gets canned due to the lack of funds.

· Head of Bacon Operations
3,679 Posts
What other agency would want some guys used gun? Is that punishment "Sorry Agent Smith, you get Officer Joe Shmo's used gun until you can prove you are rank enough for your own gun."

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Add to the supply of available weapons? Really? I guess the liberal bonehead that wrote this bill has never been to a gun shop before.
Well you know that there are only so many guns in NY just like there is only so much land mass in the world... oh wait they still make guns AND sell them in NY?!?!?!

· Registered
3,865 Posts
Maybe that incident last week in CA where the guy was using former LEO weps to hole up had an influence here. I'd bet 10 bucks on it anyway.

· Registered
423 Posts
Well they certainly don't hide what the true intent of this bill is. Also in just a few sentences, it proves the point that these politicians just don't grasp what the real problem(s) are. How about enforcing existing laws, and keeping the criminals behind bars...

I haven't really looked before, but is there a steady supply of used LEO firearms available in NYS gun shops?
Following this line of logic, reducing guns in circulation and available for mal-use after theft and such would be best served by removing them from use by law enforcement agencies. Stop purchasing them entirely. It is brilliant logic.

· Registered
2,005 Posts
Sent to my Senator:
Subject:
S86-2011 - Attempt to ban .50 caliber rifles & S69-2011 - Remove sales of ex police firearms to FFL‏I am writing to express my discontent at the continued attempts to restrict my Second Amendment Rights within the State of New York, as well as the continued waste of taxpayer dollars.
By using fear as a motive, these two Bills seek to place restrictions on the law-abiding citizens of New York State, yet do not contain any substantial method of keeping firearms out of the hands or criminals and terrorists.
In addition, Law Enforcement organizations State-wide will be unable to recoup some of the costs associated with the purchase of new equipment by selling their old, but still functional, equipment to collectors and enthusiasts. This puts the burden of equipment purchases on an already strained tax-base, and could, in some of the more cash-strapped areas, reduce the amount of effective equipment and training these departments could afford.

I respectfully request, as a registered voter, that you not support these two Bills.

Thank you,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.