New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, Glock has a program known as the "Blue Label" program, where law enforcement, military, security, ems, and others can purchase a Glock at a significant discount. The details on that program can be found at this link Glock Blue Label Program | GLOCK USA Basically, certain people are allowed to buy pistols with 3 magazines (including the gen3s) at a huge price difference. You're wondering how big a price difference... Various price lists seem to float around the web... and I have yet to get a price list from Glock themselves (though they're suppose to be sending it). The discount price on a Glock 17 Gen4 seems to be $398-$420.

BUT. The list of Sub-distributors here in New York is ridiculous. Every store is either ridiculously far for me to drive OR they don't even know what the "blue label" program is. Really. Glock gives you these people as dealers and suggest you see them about discounted pricing and half of them don't realize they are a dealer. None of them were willing to sell to me at discount. They buy at discount mark up the price to normal, and rake in the profit. One store told me they COULDN'T sell to me at discount. The "blue label" guns come with 17 round magazines, so even if they wanted to sell to me at discount they aren't allowed. And they cant swap magazines for 10rounds either.

So I called Glock. The lady I spoke to told me I could order direct from Glock if I would like, but that they highly suggest I go through my local distributors. I tried explaining that was an impossibility. She said she would send me an email (the one i'm still waiting on) with the direct order form, and price list. She told me that there is a 9 month wait. After trying without luck to find a store who would sell me a Glock at blue label price with 10round magazines I called Glock again. This time, the guy on the phone told me that it was confusion because I live in New York state, so that even though I am eligible for the discount the local stores may be hesitant to give it to me. He still encouraged me to deal with the local stores even though I had explained to him that they will not sell. He told me there was at least a 270+ day wait.

You have got to be kidding me. You can go on other forums and read about people getting their brand new Gen4 Glock for under $500, and how great it is. And because we live in NYS we get ****ed.

</rant>

Anyone have any experience with the Blue Label Program? Anyone actually get their Glock at discount?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yea unfortunately that is the case for the most part. I shoot in the GGSF and the coupons are basically useless in this state. It gives you a pistol at LE pricing. $398 for the usual Glock suspects. The only ones that are participating in the program in NYS are AMCHAR which won't sell to civilian or a place in NYC that deals only to LE. The other option is Parro's Gun Shop in Vt. They will honor GSSF, it would have to be shipped to a NYS FFL. Your looking at LE pricing $398 plus tax, shipping and transfer fee. It's honestly easier to shop online, you probably can find a better price. I even wanted to donate my pistol purchase coupon to someone but it's not allowed in the program.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I haven't personally but a friend of mine got the discount a few years ago at collector rifle and ammo in hopewell. I think he saved $50 on a G21.
Thats not the same as blue label. Individual shops might give you a discount but a blue label discount is usually a hundred or more off.

Yea unfortunately that is the case for the most part. I shoot in the GGSF and the coupons are basically useless in this state. It gives you a pistol at LE pricing. $398 for the usual Glock suspects. The only ones that are participating in the program in NYS are AMCHAR which won't sell to civilian or a place in NYC that deals only to LE. The other option is Parro's Gun Shop in Vt. They will honor GSSF, it would have to be shipped to a NYS FFL. Your looking at LE pricing $398 plus tax, shipping and transfer fee. It's honestly easier to shop online, you probably can find a better price. I even wanted to donate my pistol purchase coupon to someone but it's not allowed in the program.
If I try to buy online, aren't they going to send it with 17rd mags? That makes it illegal for me to possess.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have purchased a few blue label Glocks with my military ID at the SWAT store in Buffalo. When they order the guns for me they also order 3 10 round mags. They swap out the three 10 rounders for the three standard cap mags. I assume they turn around and sell the standard caps to LEOs.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Well I know of 2 shops in Rochester that sell blue label glocks.

also sorry but I ordered a blue label gen4 g-19 2 weeks ago and it's in so it's all who you deal with ;)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have purchased a few blue label Glocks with my military ID at the SWAT store in Buffalo. When they order the guns for me they also order 3 10 round mags. They swap out the three 10 rounders for the three standard cap mags. I assume they turn around and sell the standard caps to LEOs.
Del Sports Inc in Margaretville, NY told me that he cant change out the magazines. Refused to sell to me because of it. If I drive to Buffalo to get a gun its going to cost me a $100 in gas. If I can some how order over the phone, and pay with a card then ship it to a closer FFL that might be an option.

Well I know of 2 shops in Rochester that sell blue label glocks.

also sorry but I ordered a blue label gen4 g-19 2 weeks ago and it's in so it's all who you deal with
Are you a LEO who can have higher than 10 round magazines? If not then did they just change out the mags?

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the Blue Label Program? Anyone actually get their Glock at discount?
I've purchased 2 blue label guns from one of the now shunned shops from a recent thread. $398+40 for night sights.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Buffalo Gun Center gave me blue-label pricing. And they swapped out the mags for me.

This was AFTER Amchar told me to go to Pro Gun and Pro Gun told me to FOAD.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The LE discount is for LE. As soon as your almost LE it becomes a tangled mess at the store as you are learning, As for shunning glock that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. This company gives back to the communities more then any other gun maker out there. You want a great gun Glock sells them and offers Discounts thru all kinds of programs. Don't be mad at the manufacturer that none of the NY dealers can afford to sell them to us at the discounted prices . I have taken advantage of plenty of discounted coupons thru Glocks very generous programs. The only down side was i had to wait for guns to come in Sometimes as long as 12 weeks

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
The LE discount is for LE. As soon as your almost LE it becomes a tangled mess at the store as you are learning, As for shunning glock that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. This company gives back to the communities more then any other gun maker out there. You want a great gun Glock sells them and offers Discounts thru all kinds of programs. Don't be mad at the manufacturer that none of the NY dealers can afford to sell them to us at the discounted prices . I have taken advantage of plenty of discounted coupons thru Glocks very generous programs. The only down side was i had to wait for guns to come in Sometimes as long as 12 weeks
Oh Mr. Literal. I was being sarcastic. But go check out the thread Spyder was talking about ;)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Buffalo Gun Center gave me blue-label pricing. And they swapped out the mags for me.

This was AFTER Amchar told me to go to Pro Gun and Pro Gun told me to FOAD.
Your the second person to mention them in this thread, which makes me think they could be a real help. But driving to buffalo isn't really an option. Is it really going to be any cheaper for me if I buy through them and then have to pay shipping and transfer? Can I even buy from them over the phone?

Looks like im going to wind up paying $560 for a 17 Gen4.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Larry,

Where did you find someone willing to do GSSF. The ones I mentioned were the companies the GSSF said participated but they wouldn't deal directly with civilian and I don't have an account with AmChar so they were useless. Parros said they would in Vt. I wanted to give my purchase coupons away as a donation but GSSF said I couldn't.

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
You need to find a Glock LE dealer. Everybody carries Glocks, but not everybody can sell blue-label guns. If you can't find a Glock LE dealer locally, go up one level and call a Glock LE distributor. Because they're going to be a wholesaler, they might not sell to you directly, but they might suggest a dealer that they will work with to get you the gun.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Guys, Collector Rifle & Ammo is a Glock LE dealer and does do GSSF and Blue Label sales. I would call ahead, because inventory changes rather quickly. And sometimes you will have to wait months to get the exact G23 Gen 4 that you want, even thou Gen 3's recently landed. That is simply an example of circumstances. If you call them looking for a particular model, be specific about what program you are allowed to buy on. They can be a little lackluster in polish, but they get the job done. They are high on the food chain, so they typically get stuff that others only dream of.

1025 Route 82, Hopewell Junction, NY 12533 (845) 227-4100 - North a little of I-84, west a little of the Taconic State Parkway.
(Putnam county)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.